What's new

The GT-AXE11000 and Windows 11Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Damas

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, I bought the GT-AXE11000 Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45940, once received I tried connecting via my PC windows 11 pro latest update version, which is support the wifi 6e motherboard model ( asus rog maximus z690 formula) PC is updated drivers and Bios.

also, I have a laptop installed (WiFi 6E AX210 ). run windows 10 pro built the latest update from Microsoft. I tried many drivers but the same problem my PC & Laptop can't see wifi 6e the GT-AXE11000 very near PC and laptop only 1mt.
The last device, my mobile is Samsung S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998B/DS, Andriod 12, which supports wifi 6e. All of the devices are updated to the latest firmware.
I am unable to see the 6GHz in all my devices
frown.png

FYI my country has approved wifie 6e. I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

ss.jpg

Set the WiFi to Auto channel and WPA2-PERSONAL or WPA2/WPA3-Personal. Better yet reset the router and use WIFI defaults.

It may have to do with the control channel. Try setting it to auto. The channel you currently have it on my not be fully compatible with the WiFi6E adapter on the motherboard. If still having problems, try resetting router to defaults first and see if it connects. I do not have the ASUS GT-AXE11000, but I have its predecessor the GT-AX11000 currently with Merlin WRT firmware and it works with all the Wifi devices in the house including those that use Windows 11. I believe it will not be any issue with Windows 11, but more the drivers, network adapter, router, or a combination. Sometimes the best way to diagnose the issue, is if small changes cannot help in troubleshooting, a full reset to defaults may. You also have to understand, what worked for a device like your Galaxy S21, may not work for another device like the WiFi adapter in the ASUS board. Most cases the channels are common, but I also have noticed there are a few channels that even My Galaxy S21 Ultra and a couple laptop's WiFi cards do not like. I had to troubleshoot and find a channel that is common grounds for all devices.

I also did check and looks like it may be a driver issue, as reports with Ubuntu and Windows 11 were being reported with connecting to 6Ghz channel. Some said grabbing the latest or a certain driver version did fix the issue. Seems the Intel AX210 wireless may be a little finicky with these early drivers. I would not use the drivers that came with the motherboard or from ASUS directly. Just get the latest drivers from Intel.

It may have to do with the control channel. Try setting it to auto. The channel you currently have it on my not be fully compatible with the WiFi6E adapter on the motherboard. If still having problems, try resetting router to defaults first and see if it connects. I do not have the ASUS GT-AXE11000, but I have its predecessor the GT-AX11000 currently with Merlin WRT firmware and it works with all the Wifi devices in the house including those that use Windows 11. I believe it will not be any issue with Windows 11, but more the drivers, network adapter, router, or a combination. Sometimes the best way to diagnose the issue, is if small changes cannot help in troubleshooting, a full reset to defaults may. You also have to understand, what worked for a device like your Galaxy S21, may not work for another device like the WiFi adapter in the ASUS board. Most cases the channels are common, but I also have noticed there are a few channels that even My Galaxy S21 Ultra and a couple laptop's WiFi cards do not like. I had to troubleshoot and find a channel that is common grounds for all devices.
I also did check and looks like it may be a driver issue, as reports with Ubuntu and Windows 11 were being reported with connecting to 6Ghz channel. Some said grabbing the latest or a certain driver version did fix the issue. Seems the Intel AX210 wireless may be a little finicky with these early drivers. I would not use the drivers that came with the motherboard or from ASUS directly. Just get the latest drivers from Intel.

Thank you for your replies. FYI I did before the Auto channel, but I didn't make reset the router ASUS GT-AXE11000. I will try and back to you guys. Thank you all for trying to help me. really I appreciate your help and support.

In addition to the country approving the use of the 6 GHz band, drivers must also enable using that. For exemple here in Canada, the band was allowed back in May 2021, but so far neither Windows or Linux has added support for it in their regulatory database.

So if the SSID is not visible, then it`s because your clients aren`t supporting that band yet.

Hi all, I tried all your solutions but the same issue my devices can't see the wifi 6e. only one time my pc see the wifi 6e then it's gone now PC, laptop and mobile S21 ultra can't see the wifi 6e... very desperate.

guys... I have good news suddenly got wifi 6e... woooow
cool.png

eee.jpg

but I have a question should I change the network profile type from public to private? only me using the wifi 6e in a home.
ww.jpg

the last thing still my Samsung S21 ultra and laptop can't see wifi 6e
confused.png

guys... I have good news suddenly got wifi 6e... woooow
cool.png

View attachment 39825

but I have a question should I change the network profile type from public to private? only me using the wifi 6e in a home.
View attachment 39826

the last thing still my Samsung S21 ultra and laptop can't see wifi 6e
confused.png
I would keep the network profile public as Microsoft now recommends that for a little additional security even on your home network. Only switch to private if looking to share files or printers from that device or make the PC discoverable to the network. I would say private is best if you have a few home computers you are sharing files between or have a NAS.

I would keep the network profile public as Microsoft now recommends that for a little additional security even on your home network. Only switch to private if looking to share files or printers from that device or make the PC discoverable to the network. I would say private is best if you have a few home computers you are sharing files between or have a NAS.
thank you for your reply... really I appreciate your help.

Gents.. would someone see the screenshots for the router configurations. if need change, I would appreciate your idea.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

What did you change?
honestly nothing :) I did router reset the factory maybe this is the reason although a couple of days ago I did reset the router nothing changed but this time it worked :eek:

regarding the screenshots above do you think need to change some figures?

regarding the screenshots above do you think need to change some figures?
Set the 2.4 GHz band to 20 MHz only. For the rest, it depends on your network clients.

Hi Damas. I have the AXE11000 and was also having difficulty with my Win11 PC seeing the wifi. When I did a clean install of Win 11, it installed old drivers for some reason, so I updated the drivers to version 22.100.1.1 and was able to see the 6E wifi. Also, I've done a lot of testing on the router and came to the conclusion to leave it as default, it actually performs best at default, even if you see congestion in the bands you are using. The only changes I made were the recommended ones for security, update the firmware and change the Intel driver.

I do have a problem seeing the 6E wifi on occasion, which a reboot of the PC helps, or sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to see the wifi after booting up, so I would say that the drivers are still not stable for win11. I would also say that 6E is a joy...I get a fast 830Mbps with low jitter over this router. My MB is Asus ROG Strix Z690-E.

Keep looking for updates on the driver if you have the occasional issue and regarding the router, I'm really not sure why default channel settings work best, I really don't. I would like to choose the control channel, but doing so slows down the connection, almost halving it on any of the bands. During my testing I've probably reset to default settings 50 or more times trying all sorts of combos...default just works best.

Hi Damas. I have the AXE11000 and was also having difficulty with my Win11 PC seeing the wifi. When I did a clean install of Win 11, it installed old drivers for some reason, so I updated the drivers to version 22.100.1.1 and was able to see the 6E wifi. Also, I've done a lot of testing on the router and came to the conclusion to leave it as default, it actually performs best at default, even if you see congestion in the bands you are using. The only changes I made were the recommended ones for security, update the firmware and change the Intel driver.

I do have a problem seeing the 6E wifi on occasion, which a reboot of the PC helps, or sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to see the wifi after booting up, so I would say that the drivers are still not stable for win11. I would also say that 6E is a joy...I get a fast 830Mbps with low jitter over this router. My MB is Asus ROG Strix Z690-E.

Keep looking for updates on the driver if you have the occasional issue and regarding the router, I'm really not sure why default channel settings work best, I really don't. I would like to choose the control channel, but doing so slows down the connection, almost halving it on any of the bands. During my testing I've probably reset to default settings 50 or more times trying all sorts of combos...default just works best.
I would like to add that changing nearly any of the options for 2.4, 5 or 6 cuts my speed in half. Its really odd and I suspect there is a bug in saving the new config.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!