What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I get my UPS up, this might go on forever.
Screenshot_20211105_150122.jpg

Unless you have a blackout that lasts a few days... heh heh. Like the Northeast blackout of 2003. Good times.

Unless you have a blackout that lasts a few days... heh heh. Like the Northeast blackout of 2003. Good times.
I get brief outages, usually a windstorm issue, too frequent for my liking (the outages, trade wind is good), but they usually last less than 30 seconds..:(

Last edited:
I've got my eyes on a Generac Natural Gas generator to power the whole house... one day... one day.

I've got my eyes on a Generac Natural Gas generator to power the whole house... one day... one day.
I understand you uptime enthusiasm, but wow, you go all out! (I was going to try and top you with a small fusion plant, but they haven't invented those yet)

Cracked 100 days yesterday when I wasn't looking...

1636165912295.png

Datacenter & hybrid cloud, vm2 our of 12, virtualbox OSE with swap-able kernel modules reaching uptimes in terms of years,

Untitled.png

LOL. We should limit the devices to Asus routers here... heh heh.

LOL. We should limit the devices to Asus routers here... heh heh.

lol I thought that was understood without having to say it.

Yeah... let me check my Synology NAS devices... I think they've been up for years too. Also plugged into the UPS. Awww crap. Only 8 days - forgot I moved them the other day.

EDIT: Seems they have not been updated in a while... there goes that uptime. Sigh...

s6bEVk3.png

Uptime is great, but up-to-date is better. I'd rather see a router that was last rebooted last week than last month or year. :)

Parental Controls Time Scheduling is not following the DST change. I was hoping that ASUS had fixed that, but apparently not. So it seems that I will have to reboot and loose my nearly 90-day uptime. :-(

Hit the 80 day mark today... still less than half way to my personal record of 167 days. If the alpha/beta cycle for 386.4 is long enough... who knows... dare to dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.