What's new

The war and DFS channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leerees

I've noticed a lot of posts about 5ghz backhauls loosing connections and the other day I noticed my DFS channel went down due to radar.

I don't live near any airport, am based in the UK and have operated my setups for nearlly 2 years without ever having a DFS event.

One thing I have noticed is fighter jets. I am not near any RAF bases and it's definitely not normal to see these planes in the skies.

If you are in Europe and suffering from drop outs, it might be an idea to disable DFS channels for now.

Last edited:
Absolutely, spent a lot of time wondering why my connection on both ax88u and ax86u dropped randomly here and there, and in the end it seems like its caused by DFS and how its made. That you sometimes when the switch happens don't have any channels to jump to for a few seconds or something since the law say that you have to scan before connecting or something, and something about that being slow when using 5ghz and 180mhz band or something. Can't remember exactly but there were some technical limitations that you can't just "fix" other than turning off DFS until you move or the radar scans stops happening so often.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!