What's new

Thecus Toptower n6850 review

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

digitalfreak

Occasional Visitor
Thanks for the review. If I read it correctly, you put the 10Gb adapter in a x1 PCI-E slot on your testbed motherboard? That could be the reason your in memory copies couldn't break 300MBps, since PCI-E 2.0 x1 is limited to around 500MBps. Do you have the ability to use the x16 slot on the board? Not sure using integrated video is an option on your testbed, or if you need a PCI-E video card.

Tim,

This is the section that confused me:

"Thecus was kind enough to send two Intel X520-DA2 10 GbE boards with the N6850 and a connecting cable so that I could do just that. One board went into the PCIe x8 slot in the NAS, the other into my NAS testbed in the ASUS P7H57D-V EVO motherboard's PCIe 2.0 x1 5GT/s slot."

This is the section that confused me:

"Thecus was kind enough to send two Intel X520-DA2 10 GbE boards with the N6850 and a connecting cable so that I could do just that. One board went into the PCIe x8 slot in the NAS, the other into my NAS testbed in the ASUS P7H57D-V EVO motherboard's PCIe 2.0 x1 5GT/s slot."
Sorry about that typo. It's a x16 slot (not x8 as I previously indicated). I've corrected the article.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!