What's new

There are no 128 Ip's statics in the new update of merlin 38 in RT-AC86U6.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

javiges

New Around Here
I have an RT-AC86U, I updated to the latest version of asus merlin 386.1 and before I could have 128 static ip's and now updated only 64 appear, there

I have an RT-AC86U, I updated to the latest version of asus merlin 386.1 and before I could have 128 static ip's and now updated only 64 appear, there

Current Asuswrt shows a limit of 64 max:

1612366547278.png

OE

it won't go back to 128, I need them

Sorry, I don't know how to change that limit. I just let the DHCP server manage IPs.

OE

You really do not need the 128. Just assign static IP's at the devices. Limit the DHCP range in the router and for those devices you want to "manually assign" IP's you will have the 64.
Lots of confusion about the name "static IP." Generally it is when you enter a fixed or static address in a device setup. The only static IP you get in a router is the router LAN IP address (or a static WAN address if you have the option to do so).

You really do not need the 128. Just assign static IP's at the devices. Limit the DHCP range in the router and for those devices you want to "manually assign" IP's you will have the 64.
Lots of confusion about the name "static IP." Generally it is when you enter a fixed or static address in a device setup. The only static IP you get in a router is the router LAN IP address (or a static WAN address if you have the option to do so).

And, the router DHCP server IP Pool should include all IPs assigned by the router, dynamic and manually-assigned; and exclude static IPs assigned by the user at the clients.

OE

Y, el grupo de IP del servidor DHCP del enrutador debe incluir todas las IP asignadas por el enrutador, dinámicas y asignadas manualmente; y excluir las direcciones IP estáticas asignadas por el usuario en los clientes.

OE
Necesito asignar 72 ip's fijas porque tengo domotizada la casa, por eso mi interés en poder asignar las ip's fijas de cada dispositivo, con la actualización 386.1 quise poner 2 más y me dice que no puede ser máximo 64, por eso tuve que degradar la versión a 384.19

Necesito asignar 72 ip's fijas porque tengo domotizada la casa, por eso mi interés en poder asignar las ip's fijas de cada dispositivo, con la actualización 386.1 quise poner 2 más y me dice que no puede ser máximo 64, por eso tuve que degradar la versión a 384.19

I understand. Do you intend to stay on that firmware forever and forego all future security patches?

OE

Como dije, las direcciones estáticas se asignan en el dispositivo, no en el enrutador. Ingrese a la configuración de sus dispositivos y asigne una dirección, digamos a partir de 192.168.50.150. Configure el DHCP del enrutador para asignar direcciones desde 192.168.50.2 a 192.168.50.149. De esa manera, puede configurar sus dispositivos con IP estáticas desde 192.168.50.150 hasta .254. Problema resuelto.
En su mayor parte, con un enrutador doméstico, las direcciones IP de LAN rara vez cambian. Si lo piensa bien, a excepción de los servidores, no hay una razón real para las direcciones IP estáticas.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!