What's new

There is no trx image in the zip format firmare

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

saccleo

Regular Contributor
I can't find the trx file in the zip file downloaded from offical site, only RT-AX68U_386.2_2_cferom_pureubi.w was found. And it is bigger that the old version.
What's the diffierence between them?

Most of the older series of routers used the .trx firmware file extension, most (all?) of the newer HND routers use the .w firmware file extension. Not something to be concerned about, it's just the way it works.

Edit: Make sure you are REALLY looking at your router model when downloading. There are many models with very close names, and this has tripped up many users over the years.

I can't find the trx file in the zip file downloaded from offical site, only RT-AX68U_386.2_2_cferom_pureubi.w was found. And it is bigger that the old version.
What's the diffierence between them?
do you have an AX68U or AC68U ?
AX is the much newer model (HND) and uses .w
AC is the older model and uses .trx

My model is AC66U_B1 and I use AC68U firmware, the old version firmware(.trx file ) is about 33M.
But 386.2_2 downloaded from offical sourceforge only contains .w file.
Can i upgrade my model by directly upload the .w file?

My model is AC66U_B1 and I use AC68U firmware, the old version firmware(.trx file ) is about 33M.
But 386.2_2 downloaded from offical sourceforge only contains .w file.
Can i upgrade my model by directly upload the .w file?
Read my message again. You downloaded the wrong file. You need AC not AX!!!!!!!

I'm so glad it checks the firmware before uploading. Especially now they've introduced a whole series with an X instead of a C. I already had trouble enough to distinguish the RT-AC68U from the RT-AC86U (and now I own them both, which means that least one of the downloads is correct) but now they kept the numbers and changed a single letter, I think we will see a whole lot of people downloading the wrong firmware...