What's new

News They are coming; Intel Wi-Fi 6E adaptors launched Intel AX210

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
WiFi 6E devices to operate on the 6 GHz band, rather than just the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. This will provide users a massive boost in bandwidth and speed.

Seriously, I expect better from Tom's Hardware...

A clue as to how Asus may leverage WiFi 6e for an AiMesh dedicated wireless backhaul:

"A Wi-Fi network is only as good as its weakest signal, which is why we’ve given the ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000 AiMesh support. Using AiMesh, you can connect other compatible ASUS routers to extend range and boost performance in the far-flung corners of houses or buildings. The GT-AXE11000 will automatically monitor the signal strength of the 5GHz and 6GHz bands and choose the one that’s best suited to use as a backhaul."

OE

@RMerlin I agree. But there is nothing else I can find on the 'net right now about AX210...

You can already by them on eBay:

I don't give trust easily, online, eBay is not an option at all for me.

Newegg USA sells a "desktop kit" for it. Imported from China, but still seemed reasonably priced for anyone in a hurry to get a wifi adapter without any router supporting it yet :)

Newegg USA sells a "desktop kit" for it. Imported from China, but still seemed reasonably priced for anyone in a hurry to get a wifi adapter without any router supporting it yet :)

With WiFi-6E, it's still very early, and with the 6E extensions, there's the requirement for infrastructure to support it, which presently doesn't exist in any meaningful way.