What's new

Thinking about coming back to the AC68U.. advise please.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TomT

Regular Contributor
Hi
I've got a fully working AC68U that I stopped using and started using pfSense.

I'm having a few issues with connectivity so think I may try running from the AC68U for a week or so, before I do this I have a few questions.

1. Which version of merlin show I run for the best reliability, stability and connectivity.
2. Does the AC68U support IPSEC & OPenVPN, can they both be active at the same time ?
2a. For IPSEC can I limit what traffic is allowed to route across this ?
2b. For openVPN can I set specific devices to use this as there default gateway ?
3. Can the wireless be disabled ?

Thanks for your advise :)

The RT-AC68U does not support IPSEC, due to kernel restrictions.

Thanks. Unfortunately I need IPSEC connectivity to the office.

If I use open VPN can I setup multiple and specify which devices are allow to route out of each ?

Thanks

If I use open VPN can I setup multiple and specify which devices are allow to route out of each ?

Thanks

Yes, you can. They will need to be setup as static IP's in the LAN tab, but it does work.

Thanks

Yes, provided you run a custom firmware that supports it - stock firmware doesn't.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!