What's new

time stamp skewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
I have a problem. I use the FTP server on my 87U to store photos from multiple cameras on an attached USB drive. all of a sudden, I think since upgrading to Merlin's .58, the time stamp on the photos are an hour off, i.e. 1:00 instead of 2:00. it could have coincided with the move to DST but I don't think it happen that early. it is important that the timestamps be accurate. I have tried playing with the time zone settings but nothing helps. Any ideas?
thanks,

Not trying to be funny, but did you check the clock settings on the cameras?

Not trying to be funny, but did you check the clock settings on the cameras?
that was the second thing I checked, but the more I thought about it, the filename with the timestamp had to be created by the camera. although the camera shows the correct time, it must not be handling DST correctly. I skewed the time zone to Atlantic time and the problem is corrected. Sorry for troubling you. Thanks John for making me think it through more thoroughly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!