What's new

Tor Browser Questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PinkFloydEffect

Regular Contributor
I hope Tor discussions are not against the site policy.

Just getting into using it and I noticed that almost every site I visit does not allow me to continue without accepting cookies which is weird...because if I turn off cookies with a non-Tor browser the websites do not give me a hassle. Is this because the IP changes while you are still in a session so the site needs cookies to operate smoothly jumping IPs during the same session?

Obviously not logging into sites is the point of using Tor but I have plenty of sites I need to log into such as online banking, Amazon, etc. If I were to log into a website in one tab does it blow my anonymity in all the other open tabs since it binds the IP to a website login? I thought about running a separate instance for sites I plan to log into but Tor does not allow more than one instance window. However if I do a DuckDuckGo search for "whats my IP" and check using different sites, each site shows my IP as something different....but if I reload an IP-checking site it shows the same IP. So it seems as if each tab or website DOES use/show a different IP. I believe this is because it uses a different routing hop for each site I visit?