What's new

toto vpn or strong vpn?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

admiral2145

Regular Contributor
i have pia for vpn for now... but I've heard strong vpn is faster and now I've found something that might be better totovpn... is anyone using this or know if it'll work with our asus routers? they guarantee speeds by pricing...
https://totovps.com/vpn

If you are using Asus router with Merlin FW, Astrill is the best choice thanks to their easy to handle applet.

Pity no one else is offering such a convenient way to handle VPN connection.

Well I heard that PureVPN is going good and providing fastest speed then others they have great protocols and 300 Servers.... 2,000 IP's and 27 Countries Location.. It support for a variety of VPN routers such as Asus, DDWRT, Belkin, Tomato and TP Link... the 2 days money back guarantee and the 24/7 customer support remain constant.

If you are using Asus router with Merlin FW, Astrill is the best choice thanks to their easy to handle applet.

Pity no one else is offering such a convenient way to handle VPN connection.

I'm using it now.... I like the options and configurations built in... I can get 45 mbit with the router vpn but, it's not worth 5 extra a month...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Well I heard that PureVPN is going good and providing fastest speed then others they have great protocols and 300 Servers.... 2,000 IP's and 27 Countries Location.. It support for a variety of VPN routers such as Asus, DDWRT, Belkin, Tomato and TP Link... the 2 days money back guarantee and the 24/7 customer support remain constant.

I might try them out next... Would be nice to get a vpn that can push 70+ mbit

I'm looking for a solid VPN that I can run on my router since I have six+ devices requiring internet access. But the Astrill ProAddon with router support says that it only supports 2 devices connecting at the same time. Any other recommendations for VPN I only need to configure on my router and not worry about running anything PC/laptops, iPad, PS3 and XBOX?

Thank you

I'm looking for a solid VPN that I can run on my router since I have six+ devices requiring internet access. But the Astrill ProAddon with router support says that it only supports 2 devices connecting at the same time. Any other recommendations for VPN I only need to configure on my router and not worry about running anything PC/laptops, iPad, PS3 and XBOX?

Thank you

I believe that if you use your router as the client that counts as 1 connection no matter how many devices you have.

David

I believe that if you use your router as the client that counts as 1 connection no matter how many devices you have.
Yes, just finished an online chat with Astrill's support and they said the same thing. Doesn't even look like you need the ProAddon though that may support higher speeds. I'll test it out with basic package and see how quick it is. Thanks for your help!

Yes, just finished an online chat with Astrill's support and they said the same thing. Doesn't even look like you need the ProAddon though that may support higher speeds. I'll test it out with basic package and see how quick it is. Thanks for your help!

I have 15 devices on my router with the pro connection... I don't think it's worth the 5 bux a month for the router vpn pro... I'll have to do more testing... Think I'll stay with them the setup and config is great!

I have 15 devices on my router with the pro connection... I don't think it's worth the 5 bux a month for the router vpn pro... I'll have to do more testing... Think I'll stay with them the setup and config is great!

What kind of speeds do you expect with your ISP? I'm on a 45/4 plan and worried I'll hit a bottleneck without the Pro plan but I'll test it out and post here.

IPVanish VPN

I've been using IPVanish for about a year now. I live in the US and I find that their US servers are really fast and reliable (download: 40.13 Mbps upload: 115.32 Mbps). I used the Atlanta server on speedtest.net for these results. You also get to connect 2 devices simultaneously to it. Client is super easy to install/ use as well.

Airvpn all the way. Check out their forums, they cost a little more than PIA but they have some nice features. Also you get actual intelligent responses in their forums and these guys are extremely knowledgeable. Their config generator is slick and their default encryption cipher on routers is AES-256-CBC.

i have tried strong vpn. the only good thing was the latency, the speed was not to great tho it did average above 10mbps solid, though strong vpn is really easy to hit offline if people r trying to ddos you.

if you just want the vpn for unblocking sites and privacy it is pretty good though, although expensive and slightly finicky

This one guy is getting 118 down and 88 up on a 300/300 connection... With the software on pc he is getting 300/300.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=13079

I don't see how he can get 300/300 over a 300/300 connection with the overhead involved with VPN encryption... That's probably not his real tunnelled throughput, but his WAN throughput. The maths just don't work.

This one guy is getting 118 down and 88 up on a 300/300 connection... With the software on pc he is getting 300/300.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=13079

I do yes and the CPU of RT-AC56U is a bottleneck in this case.

I am however looking for a good backup solutions and it's a pity no one else has one in all solution like Astrill delivers (especially pleased with their applet solution). Since it is setup on the router, you can connect as many devices as you like or exclude the ones you don't want to go through VPN with few clicks.

As for the VPN backup, I have narrowed down my selections to: IPVanish, Express VPN and VyprVPN but have not tested them yet.

strong vpn

I prefer strong VPN over toto vpn due to following reasons The StrongVPN ‘Packages’ webpage will bombard you with VPN packages. there are 440 servers under StrongVPN’s wing, the VPN service provider will NOT let you server jump through them with a drop-down list like most VPN service providers. It is a trend setter in the industry and offers the most services around. You can go through to some more insights about Strong VPN here http://www.vpnranks.com/strongvpn-review/

2 users with 1 post recommending StrongVPN with links to their websites... Looks somewhat suspicious.

I have never been a fan of StrongVPN. Too complicated packages. They do not support OpenVPN in all their countries/servers. They limit the number of server switches. Expensive.