What's new

Tp link router not showing 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Randomw426

Occasional Visitor
I got a new TP Link archer a X 21 router and it does not show a separate 5 GHz connection when I search my available Wi-Fi like my old Netgear router did. However when I connect my Xbox series X it automatically shows as a 5GHz connection in Xbox settings, but when I connect my PlayStation 5 to the same Wi-Fi network it shows 2.4 GHz in the ps5 settings and it’s the same exact Network they are both connecting to and not one with an additional 2.4 or 5 GHz name after it.
what’s going on here I’m confused. Why doesn’t it show a 2.4 and a 5ghz separate when I search available Wi-Fi networks? Is the router broadcasting both on the same name and if so why isn’t my ps5 connecting that way as the Xbox? Thanks for the help

what’s going on here I’m confused

Smart Connect is perhaps enabled on the router.

1674838502647.png

I can't help you with the tether app. The router has pretty good WebUI with perhaps more options than what the app offers.

Archer AX21 emulator:

I can't help you with the tether app. The router has pretty good WebUI with perhaps more options than what the app offers.

Archer AX21 emulator:

The tether app showed that smart feature was enabled which is all good. Now I’d just like to know why my Xbox x connects to the 5ghz yet my ps5 connects to the 2.4ghz

Read what Smart Connect (also called Band Steering) is and how it works, please. Information is readily available on Internet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!