1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

TP link TL PA511 not updating to lastest firmware

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by pacman19, Nov 22, 2019.

1. pacman19

pacman19 New Around Here

Hello, i have 2 of these adpaters TL PA511 one is hardware v1.0 and it has a passthrough plug socket the other has no passthrough and is v1.1. They are both on firmware version 5-0-5010-02-655-20101105-FINAL-B when i try to update to the latest firmware both of them it says firmware update sucessfull but when i check the version in the utility it shows the same old firmware 5-0-5010-02-655-20101105-FINAL-B. I have asked tplink support via chat and was told that both my adpters are faulty i only just bought the v1.1 2 months ago. This is the firmware im trying to upload onto both adapters recomennded by tplink support via chat TL-PA511(UK)_V1_20130614_IDA, does any one have any ideas what is wrong if so i would really appreciate your help.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81663

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81653

EDIT:

Maybe you should try installing the TL-PA511_V1_120625 (non-US) version instead. That seems to be newer than what you have.

I'm not sure the version you're trying to install is actually appropriate. Even though it says "UK" the Chinese text translates to:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  3. pacman19

pacman19 New Around Here

4. pacman19

pacman19 New Around Here

Hi Colin thanks for the help, ive asked on tplink forums and was told that the pib version will not change after firmware update or something, so the 2013 firmware says its sucessful for both adpters and both adapters are still working so im going to leave it at that, thanks again for the reply and help.

ColinTaylor likes this.
  5. coxhaus

coxhaus Part of the Furniture

If 2013 is the year of the firmware run to your nearest store and buy another router.

This is a problem with TP-Link in that they drop software support very fast. I had one of their business routers once and they did the same thing to me and their router by dropping software support after 1 year.

6. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

It's a powerline adapter not a router.

7. coxhaus

coxhaus Part of the Furniture

Good to hear.