What's new

Traditional QoS custom services?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nitro001

Regular Contributor
Hello,
I have been using Merlin for quite a while running on an AC66U, currently running latest 380.58.
I am trying to configure QoS on it for my ooma VoIP setup.
I know the ports it uses per the ooma support site are: UDP 53, UDP 123, UDP 514, UDP 1194,UDP 3386, UDP 3480, UDP 10000-30000, TCP 110, TCP 53 and TCP 443.

I have assigned a static IP to the OOMA with an alias in the DHCP, however, when I turn on Traditional QoS, I get the matrix that has service list, source list, destination port and protocol. When I select OOMA from the source list, it populates that name in the service list as well but it will only let me specify a single port, comma delimited list, but not a particular range.

Is there a way I can make a grouping for all these ports in a QoS service entry like there are for games, p2p, and popular services since it will not let me enter port ranges in the destination port field?

Thank you.
Nathan

Last edited:
My advice is to create a global rule for all traffic related to that static IP - no need to bother in specifying ports or protocols.

My advice is to create a global rule for all traffic related to that static IP - no need to bother in specifying ports or protocols.

OK, feel kind of stupid here, how do I go about making a global rule? I tried creating a QoS rule with * and it wouldn't accept the wildcard, are you talking about just keeping the port field blank? I did read the manual and found the range limiter as : though so I could add my range of 10000:30000 but nothing on global rules.

Thank you.