What's new

Traffic Analyser on RT-AC5300 with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8_2 [solved]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you sure you're not mixing it with Asus's PROTECT_SRV? That's something different.
Yes, I'm sure.....
if dual wan mode or IPTV, firewall start calls filter_setting2/nat_setting2 instead of filter_setting/nat_setting. The former doesn't include the BFP setup. (maybe it is an omission that you forgot the setting2 path?)

maybe it is an omission that you forgot the setting2 path?

Yes, that's what I meant by oversight, as I see no reason for me not to implement it in load-balancing mode. I'll toss it on the ToDo list.

That's normal. The Trend Micro engine is not compatible with load balancing mode. I'm not sure which specific feature of it won't work in load balancing, but I remember seeing a mention about it in the source code that it's expected.
@RMerlin :
It's because of TrendMicro's wan interface can't monitor two interfaces to make dual-wan load-balance mode work with engine. It will make some data is incorrect, so I add protection to disable dpi engine when you enabled load-balance.

Thanks,
Vanic

Key thread here.

Thank you for working toward implementing Traffic Monitoring in load-balancing mode.

However, I understand it is possible to turn on Traffic Monitoring albeit the results are incorrect. I have a situation where most of the time my second WAN is unusable, and I don't want to use fail-over mode. Resetting the router from single WAN to dual WAN mode is problematic (i.e. DHCP readdressing), in those sporadic cases when it is needed. I would rather leave the router in dual WAN mode .

Until Traffic with load-balance is implemented, will one of you list the steps to enable Traffic Monitoring manually from the command line? I tried all the steps in this thread: enabling the nvram settings and manually loading the module. What other modules are needed? Other steps?

Thanks in advance.