What's new

Traffic analyzer question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

I flashed 386.1-2 on my AX86U this morning. Looking at the traffic analyzer, it shows almost 30MB from Facebook on my wife's phone today. She isn't on FB and doesn't have the FB app on her phone. I have logged into FB in a couple times today on my desktop and it shows only 470KB downloaded and I watched almost 3 minutes of a video. How is that possible? Or does some of the FB traffic show up as QUIC or HTTP protocol over TLS SSL?

I also noticed in the 5 days I was running ASUSWRT 384 on the AX86 that it wasn't showing my Roku traffic correctly. On my 66U_B1, on either Asuswrt or Merlin, it would show 3-7GB per day since we stream for 2-3 hours every night. On the AX84 it's been showing well under 1GB each night with Asuswrt. I will check again tomorrow and see what it shows since it will be the first night on Merlin on the AX86.

I flashed 386.1-2 on my AX86U this morning. Looking at the traffic analyzer, it shows almost 30MB from Facebook on my wife's phone today. She isn't on FB and doesn't have the FB app on her phone. I have logged into FB in a couple times today on my desktop and it shows only 470KB downloaded and I watched almost 3 minutes of a video. How is that possible? Or does some of the FB traffic show up as QUIC or HTTP protocol over TLS SSL?

I also noticed in the 5 days I was running ASUSWRT 384 on the AX86 that it wasn't showing my Roku traffic correctly. On my 66U_B1, on either Asuswrt or Merlin, it would show 3-7GB per day since we stream for 2-3 hours every night. On the AX84 it's been showing well under 1GB each night with Asuswrt. I will check again tomorrow and see what it shows since it will be the first night on Merlin on the AX86.

I've got to ask, what does it matter? Are you fearing malware?

OE

No. It's just curiosity, especially the FB traffic on my wife's phone.

I recall Facebook has its fingers in everywhere so it could be an app that you may not relate to being of Facebook.

OE

I recall Facebook has its fingers in everywhere so it could be an app that you may not relate to being of Facebook.

OE
She uses Instagram which is owned by FB so that's likely it. And the Roku traffic is now showing up in the traffic analyzer.