What's new

Traffic Analyzer - Statistic, no data

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

talent

Occasional Visitor
Hi there.
I am using Asus RT-AC68U with Firmware:378.55
Under Traffic Analyzer / Traffic Analyzer - Statistic i dont see any information. I have turned on the feature and wait hours....i see no information on the graphics! what am i doing wrong? Could you please help me with these!? The client list displays no clients. It seems like there is something missing!
Any help would be really apreciated!

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2015-08-12 00.02.15.png
    Captura de tela 2015-08-12 00.02.15.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 2,334
Hi there.
I am using Asus RT-AC68U with Firmware:378.55
Under Traffic Analyzer / Traffic Analyzer - Statistic i dont see any information. I have turned on the feature and wait hours....i see no information on the graphics! what am i doing wrong? Could you please help me with these!? The client list displays no clients. It seems like there is something missing!
Any help would be really apreciated!

Greetings.

I confirm that I have the same firmware to 378.55 is not working Traffic Analyser.
Help solve the problem.

I just upgraded to an AC3200 with firmware:378.55. I get data on the statistics tab once i added users on the wireless mac filter (Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Mac Filter).

Have either of you performed a reset to factory defaults and then manually and minimally configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP? To ensure a completely as possible glitch free experience, I would also use a new ssid on both bands or 'forget' and re-associate the fully reset router with each device you have that you want to connect.

For me personally, I have this same problem. But, I have discovered that it does not work with Firefox browser. When I use a different browser, such as Opera, the information is displayed correctly. Not sure why the information does not display in Firefox, but maybe you could try using some different browsers to see if it works at all.
(Asus RT-AC68P)

I guys!
Ian Campbell i tried to do the same as you and it didnt work. I have tried to reset the router to defaults, use it with minimum configuration....but still no data. Also used several browsers including Edge, Chrome without any data again :(
I really liked the demo, would be really nice to have that kind of information avaiable. Basic traffic monitor information is avaiable however.

Keep in mind that the Traffic Analyser is very slow to load - give it a minute or two.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Statistics weren't working for me with firefox, but are now after turning them off and then back on again using a different browser. Strangely, after using another browser to do this statistics now display in firefox again.

Another seemingly firefox-related issue results in numerous devices not appearing on the client list. The devices not showing up in the client list naturally do not have statistics available. Using another browser results in all my connected devices appearing on the list, as well as on the statistics page.

Keep in mind that the Traffic Analyser is very slow to load - give it a minute or two.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I there RMerlin. Really aprecciate your awnser to this question. i turned on traffic analyser and wait several minutes without any information. i let it on and after 4 hours i went to check that there was now some information from when i turned it on. For now it seems like its working. i dont understand if i done something diferente, but however happy to see some data on it :D! Before there not even clientes or apps shown. However i am using a new client in the network and it dont show up yet. Is it to slow to update the client list ?
Again, thanks for your atention. I confirm it is working well in Safari, Edgeand Chrome at least.

For me the real-time traffic monitor shows blank. But, last 24 hours, daily, monthly show data properly.

I have per-device monitoring turned on as well, and there the real-time is also blank while the daily and monthly work as expected.

I have my traffic history saved to a custom location (USB storage). AC68 with .55 firmware.

For me the real-time traffic monitor shows blank. But, last 24 hours, daily, monthly show data properly.

I have per-device monitoring turned on as well, and there the real-time is also blank while the daily and monthly work as expected.

I have my traffic history saved to a custom location (USB storage). AC68 with .55 firmware.

I cosmoxl! I have information in the treal time traffic monitor! Right now also have information in the "statistics" tab. I just needed to wait a bit more to get the information presented. I am having problema to save the traffic history to a custom location (sub storage per exemple). Could you help me with that?

Well, I've been lazy until now. Finally I tried IE instead of firefox on the traffic monitor page. It all works as expected. So, this seems to be a firefox only problem. :-(

I cosmoxl! I have information in the treal time traffic monitor! Right now also have information in the "statistics" tab. I just needed to wait a bit more to get the information presented. I am having problema to save the traffic history to a custom location (sub storage per exemple). Could you help me with that?
I managed to do it. First thing was to Plug in the usb drive (obvious), thant went to "tools" and "other settings" choose "Save history location
Directory must end with a '/'." and just define the new directory. Also selected "Create or reset data files:
Enable if using a new location". It seems to be working properly now.

I'm having this issue on my RT-AC3200 running firmware 378_7554. I really don't want to have to enable wireless MAC filtering, as I've got more than a dozen wireless clients at the moment. Is there any way to get this to work without having to do so? I've tried disabling and enabling using a browser other than Firefox and it still doesn't work.

No statistics. I must be missing something obvious. I use Chrome, so it's not the browser issue.

I note the message "You should turn on the Traffic Statistic to record the traffic information" and comments above about turning on the traffic monitoring. I can't see where I turn it on can someone politely nudge me to the right place.

Using 380.57

Hi all,

Had problems with this and tried all this and it still did not work. I literally tried everything suggested. Even switching to Merlin and back a few times. Here is what I got to work:

• Setup the router how you want (Turn on Traffic Analyzer)
  • Backup your config (Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting > Save setting) Make sure it's saved, chrome will prompt a warning for the file type
  • Do a factory restore on the same screen
  • When the router comes back, restore your save file
  • Viola! Analyzer should work!
Hope this helps someone, Thanks for all the previous comments.

Reactions: grr
Hi, folks!

Sorry for old thread resurrection, just need to insert my 5cents about how I got stats working:

I have two remote routers running 384.5 RT-AC66U_B1 and RT-AC68U_WHITE and on the last one Statistic wasn't working like on screenshot in the first post.
Solution from Schoeps was not acceptable for me because the router is far away and there was nobody who can configure it after factory reset...

I discovered that data collection runs from hour_monitor in TrafficAnalyzer command which is symlink to bwdpi_sqlite (closed source).
Running TrafficAnalyzer from console shows error:

Code:
admin@faraway:/tmp/home/root# TrafficAnalyzer -e
traffic_analyzer_main: Traffic analyzer is disabled in software spec.

So I decided to discover which settings are fixed by factory reset.
Comparing nvram dump of both routers gives no result, so I had to see which settings are used by bwdpi code:

Code:
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# (TrafficAnalyzer -e) &> /tmp/ta_strace
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# grep -A 5 "/dev/nvram" /tmp/ta_strace | grep read | cut -d' ' -f2 | cut -d',' -f1| cut -d'"' -f2
;)\0\0
s\36\0\0
f8\0\0

Next I wrote a script to compare each setting reads from nvram with what I got:

Code:
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# cat << EOF > /tmp/debug.sh
#!/bin/sh
(strace TrafficAnalyzer -e) &> /tmp/ta_strace
for key in $(nvram show|sort|cut -d"=" -f1)
do
   (strace nvram get $key) &> /tmp/try
   pattern="$(grep -A 5 "/dev/nvram" /tmp/try |grep read|cut -d' ' -f2|cut -d',' -f1|cut -d'"' -f2)"
   for target in $(grep -A 5 "/dev/nvram" /tmp/ta_strace|grep read|cut -d' ' -f2|cut -d',' -f1|cut -d'"' -f2)
   do
       if [ "$pattern" == "$target" ]
       then
           echo "GOT \"$pattern\" is $key"
       fi
   done
done
EOF
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# chmod +x /tmp/debug.sh
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# /tmp/debug.sh
GOT ";)\0\0" is productid
GOT "s\36\0\0" is odmpid
GOT "f8\0\0" is territory_code

Then I just compared this settings on routers

Code:
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# for s in productid odmpid territory_code;do nvram get $s;done
RT-AC68U
RT-AC66U_B1
EE/01

Code:
admin@faraway:/tmp/home/root# for s in productid odmpid territory_code;do nvram get $s;done
RT-AC68U
RT-AC68U_WHITE
EU/01

And just changing odmpid to the right value fixed the statistics problem:

Code:
admin@faraway:/tmp/home/root# nvram set odmpid=RT-AC68U
admin@faraway:/tmp/home/root#

Not sure odmpid changed after upgrading to 384.5 and haven't checked if stats working before, maybe asus had newer code in stock firmware or maybe they just forget to put "WHITE" model in known list of bwdpi_source, all in all, stats collecting fixed, I also think nvram settings preserved across reboots and power loss, if not, I'll add this to startup script...

Hope this helps somebody too..
Best regards ;)

Brilliant - that made the trick. Changed from RT-AC87W to RT-AC87U on my white router (guess that is what W stands for) and then it starter working!

Hi, folks!

Sorry for old thread resurrection, just need to insert my 5cents about how I got stats working:

I have two remote routers running 384.5 RT-AC66U_B1 and RT-AC68U_WHITE and on the last one Statistic wasn't working like on screenshot in the first post.
Solution from Schoeps was not acceptable for me because the router is far away and there was nobody who can configure it after factory reset...

I discovered that data collection runs from hour_monitor in TrafficAnalyzer command which is symlink to bwdpi_sqlite (closed source).
Running TrafficAnalyzer from console shows error:

Code:
traffic_analyzer_main: Traffic analyzer is disabled in software spec.

So I decided to discover which settings are fixed by factory reset.
Comparing nvram dump of both routers gives no result, so I had to see which settings are used by bwdpi code:

Code:
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# (TrafficAnalyzer -e) &> /tmp/ta_strace
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# grep -A 5 "/dev/nvram" /tmp/ta_strace | grep read | cut -d' ' -f2 | cut -d',' -f1| cut -d'"' -f2
;)\0\0
s\36\0\0
f8\0\0

Next I wrote a script to compare each setting reads from nvram with what I got:

Code:
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# cat << EOF > /tmp/debug.sh
#!/bin/sh
(strace TrafficAnalyzer -e) &> /tmp/ta_strace
for key in $(nvram show|sort|cut -d"=" -f1)
do
   (strace nvram get $key) &> /tmp/try
   pattern="$(grep -A 5 "/dev/nvram" /tmp/try |grep read|cut -d' ' -f2|cut -d',' -f1|cut -d'"' -f2)"
   for target in $(grep -A 5 "/dev/nvram" /tmp/ta_strace|grep read|cut -d' ' -f2|cut -d',' -f1|cut -d'"' -f2)
   do
       if [ "$pattern" == "$target" ]
       then
           echo "GOT \"$pattern\" is $key"
       fi
   done
done
EOF
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# chmod +x /tmp/debug.sh
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# /tmp/debug.sh
GOT ";)\0\0" is productid
GOT "s\36\0\0" is odmpid
GOT "f8\0\0" is territory_code

Then I just compared this settings on routers

Code:
admin@workingstats:/tmp/home/root# for s in productid odmpid territory_code;do nvram get $s;done
RT-AC68U
RT-AC66U_B1
EE/01

Code:
admin@faraway:/tmp/home/root# for s in productid odmpid territory_code;do nvram get $s;done
RT-AC68U
RT-AC68U_WHITE
EU/01

Code:

Not sure odmpid changed after upgrading to 384.5 and haven't checked if stats working before, maybe asus had newer code in stock firmware or maybe they just forget to put "WHITE" model in known list of bwdpi_source, all in all, stats collecting fixed, I also think nvram settings preserved across reboots and power loss, if not, I'll add this to startup script...

Hope this helps somebody too..
Best regards ;)

and also in 07/2020 this tip was VERY HELPFUL !!!
1000+ Thanks to @ARol

Code:

After doing this too, my statistics finally work.
I've had problems with this for months.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS !!!
HAPPY AGAIN !! :):):)