What's new

Traffic Analyzer/Statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdikland

Regular Contributor
I currently have 378.52_2 installed on my Asus AC68U router and several days ago enabled Traffic Analyzer. Is this feature working as it should? If so, is there any documentation on how to use/interpret the info. Here is my issue:

I load the the Analyzer page and on the graph for "All Clients" it reads 1.09Gb for "Daily Traffic".
From the dropdown I select one of the clients and now my "Daily Traffic" data reads 1.48Gb (???) How can one client amount be higher than that of "All Clients"?
From the dropdown I once again select "All Clients" but now my "Daily Traffic" reads 2.57Gb
I leave the tab and/or reload the page and once again the "All Clients" reads 1.09Gb for "Daily Traffic"

Very confused.

I am similarly confused. I disabled it on my 87U because the info provided doesn't make a lot sense.

It's broken. Instead of filtering "Daily Traffic" it accumulates current and previous values.

Similar oddities on the 87U. It's still a work in progress for Asus.

Exactly. This is probably why Asus hasn't enabled it on their other models so far, only on the RT-AC3200.

I have an AC56R and it looks like the main screen that loads when you first click the Traffic Analyzer has correct data. But if you start adjusting any of the filters then everything goes haywire. I think the backend data is stored correctly but whatever math it is doing when you click the filters is not making sense.

Once they get this working 100% it will be great, I especially love the "Apps" categories. It still puts some streaming TV as downloads, but it gets Netflix and some others into their own categories which is great.

I have figured out the "Daily Traffic" info when you first click it is telling you the traffic in the past 24 hours. If you try and change it to just one day like yesterday for example, everything goes haywire and is not accurate anymore. The chart line looks OK but thats about it, nothing else makes any sense.