What's new

Traffic History - Save frequency

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cvx01

Regular Contributor
Hoping someone can help answer this question. I searched here but didn't really find anything.

Will writing traffic history to the NVRAM every hour cause hardware longevity issues? I understand there is a limited number of flash writes to NVRAM and elsewhere I've write endurance numbers ranging from 10K to 400K, but wasn't sure what this router can take.

I have the N66U.

Thanks!

Hoping someone can help answer this question. I searched here but didn't really find anything.

Will writing traffic history to the NVRAM every hour cause hardware longevity issues? I understand there is a limited number of flash writes to NVRAM and elsewhere I've write endurance numbers ranging from 10K to 400K, but wasn't sure what this router can take.

I have the N66U.

Thanks!

Yes. Writing to NVRAM is not recommended, unless you reduce frequency to something more reasonable, such as 24 hours. I have no idea what's the number of write cycles supported by the router's flash chip.

I recommend just plugging any inexpensive USB flash drive to the router and saving there instead. A 5$ flash drive is cheaper to replace than a 175$ router.

Yes. Writing to NVRAM is not recommended, unless you reduce frequency to something more reasonable, such as 24 hours. I have no idea what's the number of write cycles supported by the router's flash chip.

I recommend just plugging any inexpensive USB flash drive to the router and saving there instead. A 5$ flash drive is cheaper to replace than a 175$ router.

Thanks and agreed! Is there a way to move the current stats that reside on the NVRAM to a USB stick, or you pretty much stuck starting from scratch?

Thanks and agreed! Is there a way to move the current stats that reside on the NVRAM to a USB stick, or you pretty much stuck starting from scratch?

There's no simple way to move them from NVRAM to disk unfortunately.