What's new

Traffic monitor not working.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crazyea

Regular Contributor
I tried the 380 series merlin firmware on my ac3200 around x-mas time. After a few days the internet (wifi) would cut out for a few of the tab 8 tablets my kids use. I found it to be unreliable.

So I went back to 378.56_2 as I found it to be very stable.

Anyway, since I did this I cant for the life of me get the bandwidth monitor to work anymore. I never had any issues in the past. The last 24 hours of GLOBAL shows .26gb of data, but the Per IP monitoring on the single pc I have connected for testing shows 0GB.

I had it like this for a month and it only ever went up to a couple hundred MB.

I have tried clearing NVRAM, I have tried reflashing, I have tried going back to official and then reflashing. I have tried using RAM, I have tried using a USB key.

NOTHING works...

Please help.

Don't forget to configure the database location (and to initialize it), under Tools -> Other Settings.

See the README for more details.

Also, you didn't specify your router model. Traffic Monitoring is currently broken on some of the newer models such as the RT-AC88U. The issue lies in the Ethernet driver, and is also present in Asus's own firmware. IPTraffic (per device) still works fine since it relies on iptables, not on the Ethernet packet counters.

Hi Merlin,

In the 1st sentance I listd my model as the AC3200, I guess I should have said RT-AC3200.

I also, set the database location, then and reset it, using the ram option and the USB option for location.

Previously I had data for over 9 months with ZERO issues. This has only started to happen since I upgrade to the 380 version. After that it doesn work anymore no matter how many times I reflash or clear nvram.

Hi Merlin,

In the 1st sentance I listd my model as the AC3200, I guess I should have said RT-AC3200.

I also, set the database location, then and reset it, using the ram option and the USB option for location.

Previously I had data for over 9 months with ZERO issues. This has only started to happen since I upgrade to the 380 version. After that it doesn work anymore no matter how many times I reflash or clear nvram.

Check the System Log for any error message related to loading the database.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, is this also an issue with the RT-AC66U?
Currently running with 380.65_2

I see no statistics at all in the "Global" section, Per IP works perfectly fine.
I tried both "Create or reset data files" options to no avail, rstats is not running and nothing seems to be logged.