What's new

Traffic Monitor per device not showing or working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If this can help, it seems that setting "invalid" hostnames on the static IPs causes the problem.

I cleared all hostnames from the "DHCP server - Manually Assigned IP" and the Per-Device Traffic Monitor started working.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

I am having problems with the Traffic Monitor as well.

The logs are set to be saved to an external USB.
I have the save frequency set to 1 hour.

But the logs don't seem to be generated automatically.
They seem to be generated only when I log into the router's control panel.

For example I haven't logged in for 2 weeks, and now 2 weeks of data is missing.
My understanding is that the router should be saving the logs as often as the "Save frequency" is set.

But in our case this is not happening automatically.
Any ideas why this is happening?

(RT-N66U - FW 380.69_2)

I just upgraded from rt-ac3200 to the rt-ac86u. I put the latest merlin firmware on it. But the options for traffic monitoring have changed. There are 3 options missing, and under the traffic details the options to view the data are now missing and no data is being saved to the usb stick.

Anyone have any idea how I can get it to work again?

I just upgraded from rt-ac3200 to the rt-ac86u. I put the latest merlin firmware on it. But the options for traffic monitoring have changed. There are 3 options missing, and under the traffic details the options to view the data are now missing and no data is being saved to the usb stick.

Anyone have any idea how I can get it to work again?

And if I refresh the page I can briefly see the missing options, but then the just disappear again.

Attachments

• traffic monitor.JPG
    traffic monitor.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 673
Im having this issue too. AC86U, and I simply do not have the option to enable/disable IPTraffic monitoring. When I select per device IP in the Traffic monitor page, I simply get a 404.

Cannot figure this one out.

Im having this issue too. AC86U, and I simply do not have the option to enable/disable IPTraffic monitoring.
Correct. IPTraffic is not an option for the RT-AC86U.

When I select per device IP in the Traffic monitor page, I simply get a 404.
That option shouldn't even show up. See above.

Folks -- I am new to this forum but am having the exact same issue as what is described here. Using an RT-N66U running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70. I configured the IPTraffic monitoring per device as described at https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Enhanced-Traffic-monitoring -- I tried saving to RAM, now saving to a USB stick, but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Under Traffic Manager > Traffic Monitor, the per-device charts are just blank. Nothing shows up. I have no filters applied to the traffic monitor at all.

My router's IP address is 192.168.1.1. Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

Any tips?

What are you typing in for your custom location? Did you apply the "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" option?"

Last edited:
To use the "per device" monitoring you need to have used both the "Create or reset data files" and the "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" options.

If you had the location set to RAM the second option doesn't appear because that's not an allowed configuration.

I'm gonna chime here with an issue too. I have an RT-AC68U. IPTraffic is set up, and data files are stored on an external USB drive. In Traffic Manager, I can see Per device daily and monthly, but not real time.

I'm using 384.9

When I select Real Time, the page partially loads and I see a javascript error.

"SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier 's'. Expected '}' to end an object literal."

Any ideas?

Also, my LAN is 192.168.0.*
I've been using this subnet for years, and I have scripts that do stuff across the subnet with 192.168.0, so switching to .1 would be a major PITA. I certainly don't need real time IPTraffic monitoring, but it would be nice.

Again, daily and monthly are working great. It's the real time that isn't.

More info from the FireFox console:

Code:
SyntaxError: missing } after property list      Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp:37:431 
note: { opened at line 32, column 8             Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp:32:8
ReferenceError: init is not defined             Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp:1:1
onload http://192.168.0.1/Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp:1:1

Last edited: