What's new

Traffic Statistics getting very slow?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ericbergan

Occasional Visitor
I'm running am 87U. On both .50ta, and now .51, the Traffic Analyzer/Statistics are getting very slow to come up - about 45 seconds and growing. I've got about 20 clients showing up. Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions of how to cut the time?

If this is just the way it is, can I suggest that Traffic Analyzer default to the Traffic Monitor tab. I find that more useful anyway (daily/per device and it comes up immediately), since the Statistics screen seems to intermix monthly data in with whatever period you ask for.

Last edited:
Yes, and it's just how it is. Asus already knows about it and they are trying to optimize its performance, but there's not much more that can be done.

Thanks for the response. Thoughts on changing to the Traffic Monitor tab as the default for that page?

As a database performance guy, I got to looking. I thought the problem would be IO, which seemed strange since the traffic file in my case is about 5M on jffs. But watching the performance, its actually CPU bound on httpd. I'm guessing they are doing nested loops reading the data for each client one at a time, and maybe for each app, as well. If you have any input to them, might suggest they use more memory, and only read the data once populating a sparse matrix, or alternately, run a periodic job (once an hour? day?) to parse through the data. I suspect none of us are looking for up to the minute statistics.

Again, thanks for the response, and all your efforts!

Thanks for the response. Thoughts on changing to the Traffic Monitor tab as the default for that page?

I'd rather avoid moving things around, as it would become confusing for people used to the stock firmware.