What's new

Traffic Stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shonk

I realise the firmware is alpha and im pointing this out just to make sure you are aware of the problem

Since the GPL 1071 code merge traffic stats for upstream are wrong
and seem to be a mirror almost of the downstream stats

Asus seem to have missed this as even the latest stock AC66U 3.0.0.4.376.1123
firmware does this

29/06/14 is the last correct upstream stats
image.png

I'm not entirely sure what's broken, so I simply reverted Asus's code back to my own fixed version from 374_43 (and also added an additional fix to rstats which got broken when Asus added QTN support to it). Traffic monitor seems to be back to normal for me now (even the realtime monitor was displaying mirrored traffic to both inbound and outbound with the latest GPL).

Broken again for 376_44?

I take it this is broken again with the update to 376_44? I'm running the newest build on an RT-AC68U and my inbound & outbound traffic seems to be mirrored for the most part. Most of this traffic was coming from my gf watching content on my Plex server from her house. Looking at the real-time traffic monitor from her router running Tomato, I can say that mine is definitely not reporting correctly.

Last edited:
I attached a picture of what I was talking about. Here's a real time view of the traffic monitor as a video is being streamed remotely from my Plex server.

Top image is my RT-AC68U running 376_44_0. Bottom is from my gf's router running Tomato.

u2PJ6Os.png

xuEbkoC.png

Last edited:
Okay after running more tests I've determined that the traffic monitoring is only reporting mirrored inbound and outbound traffic over any wired connection. Wireless connections do not have this bug.

YXzD2Ui.png

Here is the real time view running 3 speed test from different clients. The first is my desktop connected through a switch (which is connected to port 1), the second is a laptop connected directly to the RT-AC68U with an ethernet cable (on port 4). The third is my Android phone.

As you can see the phone is the only one displaying accurate inbound and outbound traffic.

edit: Okay something is seriously hosed with my traffic monitoring. When switching to the 'Wired' tab, it seems most of my traffic coming from the wired portion of my network isn't even displayed. Looking over the last 24 hours some traffic has been recorded, but not all of it. Here's a comparison of my WAN vs Wired. As you can see the most recent speed tests I conducted don't even register on the 'Wired' tab. The wireless tabs do seem to be reporting correctly.

DLiuio3.png

9QsTFqH.png

Last edited:
Strange. I'll try resetting to factory defaults and testing again whenever I get some free time. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else running 376_44_0 has similar issues, or if my experience is unique.

Okay after resetting to factory defaults, flashing to different FW versions and swapping out ethernet cables and still having the same issues, I was starting to think my hardware was defective. It turns out that it's an issue that seems to be affecting the RT-AC68U connected to the Motorola SB6141 with Comcast service. Perhaps other combinations of hardware as well.

Here's the other thread that references it:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showthread.php?p=134775#post134775