What's new

transition from Netgear GS752TP to Cisco SG350-28P - benefits

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ddaenen1

Very Senior Member
In my efforts to right-size my network and also push power consumption down, i have been looking to replace my Netgear 48 port switch with a 24 port switch as i currently only use 14 ports of the Netgear and i do not foresee i will ever exceed 24 ports in my home setup. For the rest i am quite happy with the Netgear apart from the fact that the fans push out a lot of dB's and that the GUI is quite slow. It does what it needs to do and surely i don't even use half of the functionality it has. Now i came across a Cisco SG350-28P which would be more than sufficient for my needs. Additional benefit is that all ports are POE+ and it also has 4 60W POE ports which might be useful in the future.

My main question is if it makes sense to make this change. I don't want this to become a Cisco vs. Netgear thread but i am interested to learn if there are more benefits in terms of performance or reliability.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!