What's new

transmission installation problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blake444

Occasional Visitor
hi I'm having problems with the installation of transmission I'm following the guide on the merlin wiki but when I try to connect on the web page indicating port 9091 this does not redirect me and does not require me to authenticate, I tried in all ways but it does not work.

hi I'm having problems with the installation of transmission I'm following the guide on the merlin wiki but when I try to connect on the web page indicating port 9091 this does not redirect me and does not require me to authenticate, I tried in all ways but it does not work.
Well, it is not a WIKI so am guessing you mean this: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Installing-Transmission-through-Entware

I seem to remember having problems with the config file. Doing "nano -w /opt/etc/transmission/settings.json" requires you to be very careful, only make changes cited and not adding or deleting anything else. You also have to start Transmission after the edit

Thank you very much for the answer.
I don't think it depends on the settings.json, I made several attempts, but the web page didn't want to load.
the only thing I noticed (and which I think affected my problem) was this:
Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission stop
 Checking transmission-daemon ... dead.
but not
Code:
 Checking transmission-daemon...              alive.
 Shutting down transmission-daemon...              done.

cmq I do not like very nano I prefer to use vim I find it better

now i flashed the firmware reset the nvram deleted router, now it's working
but i see something i don't like (not in transmission config), i think for this i will open a new thread.

ps.
sorry, I took that guide for granted

Thank you very much for the answer.
I don't think it depends on the settings.json, I made several attempts, but the web page didn't want to load.
the only thing I noticed (and which I think affected my problem) was this:
Code:
Checking transmission-daemon ... dead.
but not
Code:
Checking transmission-daemon...              alive.
Shutting down transmission-daemon...              done.

cmq I do not like very nano I prefer to use vim I find it better

now i flashed the firmware reset the nvram deleted router, now it's working
but i see something i don't like (not in transmission config), i think for this i will open a new thread.

ps.
sorry, I took that guide for granted
here is the latest info on transmission

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/cant-install-transmission-3-00-8.68257/

they changed their package naming since that guide for asus-merlin was written

here is the latest info on transmission

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/cant-install-transmission-3-00-8.68257/

they changed their package naming since that guide for asus-merlin was written

thank you very much, it was the first thing i noticed during the installation.
but i don't understand if the package name change affected the problem i had.

if I can take advantage once again I can't change the login credentials to transmission.

Code:
"rpc-authentication-required": true,
    "rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",
    "rpc-enabled": true,
    "rpc-host-whitelist": "",
    "rpc-host-whitelist-enabled": true,
    "rpc-password": "{bdb3f3ceb0ad5e1fcd593693739d72a766c92148acbOSkJB",
    "rpc-port": 9091,
    "rpc-url": "/transmission/",
    "rpc-username": "root",
    "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1",
    "rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

The password field always returns this strange sequence (although I have tried several times to change it)

thank you very much, it was the first thing i noticed during the installation.
but i don't understand if the package name change affected the problem i had.

if I can take advantage once again I can't change the login credentials to transmission.

Code:
"rpc-authentication-required": true,
    "rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",
    "rpc-enabled": true,
    "rpc-host-whitelist": "",
    "rpc-host-whitelist-enabled": true,
    "rpc-password": "{bdb3f3ceb0ad5e1fcd593693739d72a766c92148acbOSkJB",
    "rpc-port": 9091,
    "rpc-url": "/transmission/",
    "rpc-username": "root",
    "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1",
    "rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

The password field always returns this strange sequence (although I have tried several times to change it)
Make sure you stop transmission by invoking the proper init.d stop command in the terminal before editing. Edit it then start transmission. Settings will not save if transmission is active when you edit.

I solved the problem I don't know why the directory containing the web page of the bittorrent server has been deleted now everything is fine it works fine

I solved the problem I don't know why the directory containing the web page of the bittorrent server has been deleted now everything is fine it works fine
brother, i have same issue, after i remove old version and install version 3.00, transmission cannot start, it show this way

admin@sb:/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/etc/init.d# ./S88transmission start ; sleep 3 ; ./S88transmission check
Starting transmission-daemon... done.
Checking transmission-daemon... dead.

good to know you solve the issue, could you tell where to find the web page directory and put under what path? thanks

i found the web page resources and that's not the cause of the issue on may router.
when i directly run transmission-daemon instead of the init.d script, it says libevent-2.1.so.7 is missing, after install the lib file transmission can run and alive

In mine I realized that the web page directory was gone because after entering the credentials the web page gave me some missing packages so I initially believed it depended on the credentials and not in the check phase of the daemon.

Which makes me think of a possible application error (hoping it's not from your router's operating system)
in this case I would start by doing some tests:

1) try with settings backup.json uninstall the transmission package and reinstall everything (this to check if the error is caused by any possible changes you have made).
2) if it works, repeat the changes (perhaps restoring the settings.json file) and see which option creates problems.

otherwise proceed with a factory reset

ps. Always backup the settings.json file as soon as you reinstall the package so that you can check for any errors in case
pps. I'm using the translator if you don't understand maybe tell me that I try to write it better.