What's new

Trouble establishing bridged VDSL between two ASUS modem/routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Turgut Kalfaoglu

Regular Contributor
Hello.. My VDSL2 link is connected to an ASUS N17U modem. I also just got an an AC68U router.
Turkish Telekom is my ISP Btw.

I want to offload the N17U and have it only handle the DSL connection..

I tried to make the N17U a wired bridged connection to the AC68U. My understanding is that I switch the N17 to BRIDGED mode, so it handles the DSL connection.. Then I plug the 'internet' port of the AC68U to the LAN port specified in N17's bridged setup.. Then once I enter the PPPoE into the AC68U and type the username/password it should connect.

However the AC68U is unable to connect - it just tries and tries but cannot establish the PPPoE (I am guessing). The N17U shows a stable DSL connection.. So the physical link is not the issue.

So what is the correct way to use the N17U as a VDSL "driver" and have the AC68U do everything else?
Many thanks,
-turgut

Last edited:
It should be correct how you did, maybe you need to set a VLAN-ID in TV-settings (yes there), but ask in your ISP forum or look for all settings on N17.

It should be correct how you did, maybe you need to set a VLAN-ID in TV-settings (yes there), but ask in your ISP forum or look for all settings on N17.

Many thanks.. Will try that.. I had no idea it would be in the TV settings :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!