What's new

Troubleshooting and Diagnosing MoCA Network (ScreenBeam Devices)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yep, I saw that one. But it won't fit on a box like this, once you screw in all cables (which is what I have).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H8NUVRO/?tag=snbforums-20
Tough to imagine fitting two splitters in if the hybrid doesn't work. (Maybe Dremel-off the mounting ears and ground screw fixture? ;))

Body is 3.5” x 1.5” …
IMG_0378.jpeg

Take a look at Amphenol’s hybrid MoCA splitter,

Last edited:
Update...

I finally could spend some time getting the splitters replaced + adding the extra filter into the cable modem (after they arrived on the mail), and things are looking much better). I haven't tested speed yet, but the lowest value is 3385! :

1693620495520.png

And here's the place where I needed to fit those splitters in:

1693620627357.png

Thanks to @krkaufman , @unioncorps and @degrub for all the guidance and help! Hopefully this is the end of all this testing and configuration. I haven't seen a single hiccup in the connection for days (and with these latest changes it should be even better)!

Looks like you have a few un terminated connections with a CAT6 connecter covered with electrical tape. Why ?
Those should have a 75 ohm cap on the port.

Also, the bends on the coax are very short radius. Probably won’t affect it, but if you start having bandwidth issues, the above two things are where i would start. You could easily mount a surface mount larger box on top of the in wall electrical box to open up the bends and make it easier to maintain.

Looks like you have a few un terminated connections with a CAT6 connecter covered with electrical tape. Why ?
Those should have a 75 ohm cap on the port.

Also, the bends on the coax are very short radius. Probably won’t affect it, but if you start having bandwidth issues, the above two things are where i would start. You could easily mount a surface mount larger box on top of the in wall electrical box to open up the bends and make it easier to maintain.
Hello. There's no unterminated connections (those are just cables that are bent to fit the box). The electrical tape might have been used by the cable company to identify some of the cables (still not sure what they meant).

It seems to work fine. However, thanks for the suggestion of expanding the box upwards. I'll check speed to see if there's any impact on those bent cables.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!