What's new

Troubleshooting Slow LAN Speed on RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't ever recommend using a saved backup config file. Unless you're restoring an older firmware with a direct backup of that configuration too. :)

I don't ever recommend using a saved backup config file. Unless you're restoring an older firmware with a direct backup of that configuration too. :)

Apologies. You are correct. I reread your M&M guide. Im adhd and have 5 brain cells to work with. I need to slow down and not get a head of my self. :p

I might not remember exact technical lingo from 6 years

I remember even many part numbers used, back to times when memory chips had glass windows. Master in electronics engineering and industrial automation, I know some things inside electronics. But feel free to flash, reset and reboot as many times as you like, if you feel better. We had this conversation before. Have a nice day!

I remember even many part numbers used, back to times when memory chips had glass windows. Master in electronics engineering and industrial automation, I know some things inside electronics. But feel free to flash, reset and reboot as many times as you like, if you feel better. We had this conversation before. Have a nice day!

Do you remember your first school crush in 2nd grade? I do. Or your first fight in 2nd grade? Being punched in the Solar Plexus? ( Took me 5 min just to google Solar Plexus). I do remember the pain and my classmates walking with me after the fight.
How about smiley faces your grandma used to make in hot cereal with jam when you were 5?

I don't remember the exact day of last week when I did laundry, to was on the weekend. I just remember approximate time.

Everyonce memory works differently.

Did we have this conversation before? Ive been rarely active on this forum for the past 3 years. I remember posting few things in Fork sub-forum. Other than that, everything else is a blank.

A good practice, is take a screen shot of everything and input everything manually from scratch.
Almost. Don't put any setting back in unless you know 1) what it does, and 2) why you need it.

I have a branded router that has been reset to rt-68u with aimesh setup. I was getting hardwired 58 mb download speeds. Nothing I did fixes it. I had to reset both routers and set up the extender as the main router and the original router as the extender. Everything was working fine...now 2 weeks later I am back to 54mb down hardwired. I can wipe them again but wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions .

I have a branded router that has been reset to rt-68u with aimesh setup.

ASUS implemented overtime variety of "anti-resetting" techniques, so what exactly happens no one knows. You may ask for support whoever "reset" this router to something it never was.

ASUS implemented overtime variety of "anti-resetting" techniques, so what exactly happens no one knows. You may ask for support whoever "reset" this router to something it never was.
I figured I couldn’t call for support so I figured I would reach out on here to see if others have experienced it.

How did you reset them and set up the 'extender', exactly? Are you using AiMesh?

What firmware are you using on the RT-AC1900 you have?

Do you have any USB devices attached to the router? Are you running any customizations or scripts we need to be aware of?

You may want to follow the link in my signature below to get your routers back to a good/known state.

If you are using AiMesh, you may want to see @OzarkEdge's AiMesh setup notes in the following link which may help too.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...-supported-products.44375/page-14#post-381537

@Val D. see post 29. :)

I choose to give the benefit of the doubt. ;)

ASUS AC 1900 may not be a router model, that is why I specified the RT-AC1900 in my post above, which is. ;)

that is why I specified the RT-AC1900 in my post above, which is.

I know. An attempt to specify another model matching the description results in "post awaiting moderation" warning. :)

Let's see how it goes...

Forget it, we all know very well whats he is talking about and that it must not mentioned here.
So no helping possible for us ... - sorry!