What's new

Ts-419p

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WolfBoy

New Around Here
Hi all, first post here.

I was looking at a TS-419P and I was wondering what the opinions were on this?

I have been looking at a 439 but the 419 is so much cheaper here in the UK (£364 v £514) would it be better to pay a wee bit more and go for the 439?

Oh, it is just going to be used as a general NAS, streaming music to a PS3, file server to a Mac and iTunes server, nothing especially taxing.. First NAS to as well so I have no preconceived ideas.

Thank you.

439 vs 419

for the little bit of research i've done, some of the differences are:

• 439 draws a good bit more power than the 419
  • The 439 is going to run hotter too, possibly making the fan spin faster which could mean more noise.
  • the 439 should give you about 30MB per second more speed when reading (copying from the nas) on large files over the 419
  • The 419P can take 2.5" drives and i don't believe the 439 can.
  • only other big difference i think is WOL support, which you might not even use.

Here is a link to a comparison of the two:
http://www.qnap.com/images/products/comparison/Comparison_TS419P.html

I had a 219p and now i have a ss-439 with 7200 2.5" drives. I'm still not sure what i'm going to end up with. 8)

Thats great thank you!

I think the 419 is going to be the one, coming from no NAS at all I don't think I shall notice that the 419 is a bit slower than the 439..!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!