What's new

TS-509 with 4GB RAM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did indeed decide to install a matched set to get to 4GB. Things may have changed in the industry but after about 18 years of building and otherwise messing with PCs, the RAM being matched (particularly given the set was only $80!) is an old habit :) Installing your spare 1GB SODIMM will almost certainly not damage anything, so I'd give it a try and test for stability.

The existing TS509 1GB SODIMM specs are "667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC" which is why I was pretty confident the Kingston 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 would work. Kingston also has an 800MHz version which is more expensive but I'm pretty sure would work just fine.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I'm ready to lay down the $$$'s on a TS-509.

Just a quick question, I want to hold on to my warranty for the 1 year and then upgrade the memory from it's 1GB to 4GB. Does it matter that by that time I will have my drives loaded with files, as I noticed faaip05 had some rather strange speed issues and had to re-setup.
Or is the correct way to do the memory upgrade, is to install the memory first and then setup the RAID5 drives etc?

Has anyone else installed memory after the drives had been configured & loaded with files, has this caused any slow transfer speeds that have required a reformat?

Cheers in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!