What's new

[TUTORIAL]pyLoad Download Manager through Entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How this works for you

• Working fine on my mipsel router

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Not working on my mipsel router

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can you please be more detailed ?
I cleaned my entware installation, installed pyload and relative deps, as suggested by pyload after installation.
Then I changed config dir and followed the tutorial in first page, but using /opt/share/pyload instead of /opt/share/python/pyload.
pyLoad cfg has been done using my configdir /opt/etc/pyload/.pyload instead of pyload --configdir=/opt/var/pyload.
Installed pyopenssl is 0.13.1-1, pyLoad 0.4.9-20150804-1.
No success also cleaning pyopenssl deps...
How-To on the first page is outdated. See how to activate HTTPS WebUI with a few steps.

Code:
admin@MyAsus:/tmp/home/root# opkg list amule*
amule - 2.3.1-1 - A multi-platform eMule-like ed2k client
amule - 2.3.1-2
What the hell means ???
Is available after a package list update but not availabe for download ?
I really don't know what happened on your router and where did you get amule - 2.3.1-2, sorry. I can't reproduce this problem, all works as expected, see my previous post.

Code:
Config > Webinterface > Use HTTPS: on

That's the right answer !

Now I have to fix aMule. Are you using entware-mipsel or arm ?
Are we using the same repository entware.wl500g.info/binaries/entware/Packages.gz ?
I cleaned opkg list, but a ghost 2.3.1-2 is still present, and after manual install of 2.3.1-1, -2 still continue to appear as an available upgrade...

Thanks

Last edited:
Recconect.sh script... Help needed

It's seems is much more difficult to use a reconnect script that running pYload from scratch...

I'm trying to use this simple script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall pppd >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 5s
pppd file /tmp/ppp/options.wan0 >/dev/null 2>&1
sleep 5s
ping -c 1 www.heise.de >/dev/null 2>&1

As I wrote before, to change my IP address I simply need to disconnect and reconnect my WAN if, cause my PPPoE connection is completely handled by router (modem is bridged).

If I run manually this script line by line it works fine.
Putting it into a sh file (with +x) I have redirect errors for every line contiaining >/dev/null 2>&1.
Changing every >/dev/null 2>&1 in >/dev/null2>&1 no more errors, and running this script from sh works fine, my IP address is changed everytime I start this script.

Now...
I configured pyLoad to use this script, enabled reconnect, and used the full path for Method.

I've tried to donwload a multiple-file from EasyBytez and this is my log:

Code:
EasybytezCom: You have to wait 12 minutes, 51 seconds till next download Download files instantly with Premium-account
759    24.04.2014 07:08:01    INFO    Starting reconnect
760    24.04.2014 07:08:17    INFO    Reconnected, new IP: 94.36.197.139
761    24.04.2014 07:08:19    INFO    Download starts: spopr.part10.rev
762    24.04.2014 07:08:20    WARNING    EasybytezCom: You have to wait 12 minutes, 30 seconds till next download Download files instantly with Premium-account
763    24.04.2014 07:08:21    INFO    Starting reconnect
764    24.04.2014 07:08:24    INFO    Reconnected, new IP: 94.36.197.139
765    24.04.2014 07:08:26    INFO    Download starts: spopr.part10.rev
766    24.04.2014 07:08:27    WARNING    EasybytezCom: You have to wait 12 minutes, 24 seconds till next download Download files instantly with Premium-account
767    24.04.2014 07:08:28    INFO    Starting reconnect
768    24.04.2014 07:08:34    INFO    Reconnected, new IP: 94.36.197.139
769    24.04.2014 07:08:38    INFO    Download starts: spopr.part10.rev
770    24.04.2014 07:08:39    WARNING    EasybytezCom: You have to wait 12 minutes, 11 seconds till next download Download files instantly with Premium-account
771    24.04.2014 07:08:40    INFO    Starting reconnect
772    24.04.2014 07:08:44    INFO    Reconnected, new IP: 94.36.197.139
773    24.04.2014 07:08:45    INFO    Download starts: spopr.part10.rev
774    24.04.2014 07:08:46    WARNING    EasybytezCom: You have to wait 12 minutes, 5 seconds till next download Download files instantly with Premium-account
775    24.04.2014 07:08:46    INFO    Starting reconnect
776    24.04.2014 07:08:53    INFO    Reconnected, new IP: 94.36.197.139
777    24.04.2014 07:08:53    INFO    Download starts: spopr.part10.rev

As you can see it seems that the script is started but the IP doesn't change....

Why if I run from shell the script my IP changes and this doesn't happens in pyLoad ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

How I can use reconnect with easybytez? I made a working sh script, the function of reconnect is active but everytime I download a file from easybytez log report that: INFO HOSTER EasybytezCom[50]: RECONNECT disabled

How I can solve this?

Thanks in advance

Still don't quite get what are the differences between pyLoad vs e.g. Transmission. lol

Is pyLoad a separate ecosystem or it takes torrent as well? What's the memory footprint when when idle vs with workload?

Transmission is awfully inefficient when idle..occupying tonnes of memory doing nothing. So it's no longer among my memory-resident list of services...albeit I'm a very light torrent user.

Ok...
moving to entware-ng, new problems.
I followed the new guide, but:

opkg install pyload pyopenssl openssl-util duktape python-imglib tesseract python-crypto unrar unzip

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pyopenssl.

Then I manually installed python-openssl but this is what happens with Configuration assistant:

## Verifica del Sistema ##
Versione di Python: OK
pycurl: OK
sqlite3: OK

pycrypto: OK
py-OpenSSL: mancante

py-imaging: OK
tesseract: OK

PyQt4: mancante

jinja2: OK
beaker: OK
motore JS: OK

Thanks in advance...

Ok...
moving to entware-ng, new problems.
I followed the new guide, but:

opkg install pyload pyopenssl openssl-util duktape python-imglib tesseract python-crypto unrar unzip

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pyopenssl.

Then I manually installed python-openssl but this is what happens with Configuration assistant:

## Verifica del Sistema ##
Versione di Python: OK
pycurl: OK
sqlite3: OK

pycrypto: OK
py-OpenSSL: mancante

py-imaging: OK
tesseract: OK

PyQt4: mancante

jinja2: OK
beaker: OK
motore JS: OK

Thanks in advance...
https://www.hqt.ro/pyload-download-manager-through-entware/

Solved, opkg install python-pyopenssl works fine.
Please update your guide.

Thanks

Max

Last edited:
Still have a strange error in browser every time I try to access to pyLoad :

Critical error while processing request:

I've found that cleaning the browser cache can solve this problem, but if I close the browser (FF, IE, Safari, it doesn't matter what browser I used) and I try again to connect with pyLoad the problem persist.
Another way to solve this problem is to open a Private browser page in FF, or connect to pyLoad using my DDNS instead of pointing to my Asus router IP.
This is really strange....

Merlin 380.59/Entware-ng

Got:
Unknown package 'python-imglib'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python-imglib.

Other packages installed fine.

Same problem here trying to install Pyload on an ARM Asus router (latest Merlin fw).
It seems that python-imglib is no more available on ARM/Entware repository.
Googling I've found a trick:

opkg install pillow

Not tested yet cause I'm away from home...

New problem here, some entware upgrade killed my Pyload installation on RT-AC66U_B1 with Merlin FW 384.15.
No more https connection to webinterface available, always the same old SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG error.
I reinstalled all from scratch, generate new ssl keys, without succes. Pyload is running fine, and can be accesed by http with builtin server backend, no way for https, even if in
Pyload configuration menu, SSL is active and in webinterface use HTTPS os on.
Threaded server doesn't work at all.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for replay, this time is different, I have this problem not only in Firefox, but also in Chrome, Safari both on pc, Mac and smartphone. It seems a problem on router side. Few months ago I solved applying 1024 generating keys, this time doesn't work.
This problem started when I updated to latest Merlin firmware and I used amtm to update/upgrade entware.

Inviato dal mio Z2 utilizzando Tapatalk