What's new

Tv pic keep breaking up....what went wrong?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i am surprised they don't have them down at the electronics shopping area downtown by the performing arts building ?

are you sure there was not a decimal point between the 2 and the 0 ? 20db would be a modest filter. If that was a low loss splitter, then there may be cable problems or equivalent that the previous installer encountered.

"After some thought - I would agree - check the cable plant inside the house" - this can be important. you need to know what the rest of the connections are inside the house or flat. See if there are other splitters that are being used between the two points. There is likely a large splitter at the entry to the flat to tie all the rooms to the cable drop in. It may have high loss connections as well. If not all of the connections on this splitter are being used, see if you can get one with just the right number and matches or is lower than the db loss for each connection. Also, check for the other issues i mentioned in my earlier post.

Am surprised you know my area well. I had combed the the area you had mentioned but the range they only carry is 5-1002 mhz. The POE where the signal run into my flat is locked up by the ISP. I came across somewhere in our local forum which mentioned that moca adapters might not be approved in my country, the reason why no vendors here sell this product and we can only buy online from overseas. It's like a "use at your own risk" kind of thing. I will heed your suggestion and figure out the cable layout in my flat if possible. It's not a straight forward kind of thing if you have live here before. Your suggestions are very helpful. Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!