What's new

Two-way IPS complains about iPhone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RocketJSquirrel

When my friend comes to visit, my AC68U goes nuts complaining his iPhone is infected with WEB Cross-site Scripting. Many log lines say:

Client Device Infected 192.168.1.119 Marks-iPhone WEB Cross-site Scripting -36

Should I be concerned? He doesn't know why his phone is generating these messages and neither do I.

When my friend comes to visit, my AC68U goes nuts complaining his iPhone is infected with WEB Cross-site Scripting. Many log lines say:

Client Device Infected 192.168.1.119 Marks-iPhone WEB Cross-site Scripting -36

Should I be concerned? He doesn't know why his phone is generating these messages and neither do I.

Maybe, turn on “Settings > Safari > Prevent Cross Site Tracking”? :)

Oh, thanks. I was unaware of that setting. I'll make sure he enables it next time he visits and see whether that makes my AC68U stop complaining.

Well, that wasn't it. That setting was already enabled on my friend's iPhone. And, in my ignorance, it was not enabled on my own iPhone. Yet my phone didn't trigger any log messages on the router. Hmm.

Cross-site scripting is not the same as cross-site tracking. Banish him to a guest network or block his MAC address until you’re sure he’s “clean”. :p

Just because it's an iPhone he would be banished on my network. :)

The most issues I have with customers and WiFi are the ones with Apple products. I wish I could say that to them. :D

Cross-site scripting is not the same as cross-site tracking. Banish him to a guest network or block his MAC address until you’re sure he’s “clean”. :p
All guests are restricted to my guest network. He said he used something called Sophos which said he was clean. Looking at the Sophos site, I don't see how it checks iPhones, though. Anyone familiar with that AV software?
Just because it's an iPhone he would be banished on my network. :)

The most issues I have with customers and WiFi are the ones with Apple products. I wish I could say that to them. :D
I have 2 iPhones and 2 iPads which are on my actual non-guest WiFi, and they don't cause any problems or even any log entries.

(I remember when Apple products were good, and usability was a priority for them. Boy, did they get lost off that path.)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!