What's new

AiProtection - Two-Way IPS event

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
So what does this event mean:
Capture.PNG

I believe the Source IP is assigned to the Destination device, so it seams to suggest that the user (me) was browsing on the Nexus 7 when a WEB Cross-site Scripting event triggered AiProtection Two-Way IPS.

What does Client Device Infected mean? It feels like a false positive to me. Does it simply mean that the client browser encountered an attempt at cross-site scripting and AiProtection blocked it... so no real infection?

OE

I haven't seen one of these before. Always wondered if it even worked. They definitely need better documentation to help us understand what is happening. I will be interested also to hear if anyone has insight into an alert like this. I do know if I go to the wicar site and do test download and scripts it shows up on two-way IPS. I just tested their CSS link and it shows as a 'malware accomplice', but I didn't get this warning. It could just be the type of device I'm using (pc versus phone) and the type of attack.