What's new

Ubiquiti ERLite-3 Slow DL/UL speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

artm

New Around Here
Hello, I thought I'd try this forum first after browsing the Ubiquiti forum without much success. The issue is a typical one: I have Comcast 800/25 service, can get close to those speeds PC direct to a Netgear CM600 modem but 1/3 of those speeds when going through the ERL.

Some history: I've been getting good speeds in the 550-700 range. The other day the power supply on the ERL failed. I replaced it with another (same) and another (different brand), was up and running. Went to do some speed tests and now I'm getting about 250/5. I tried a backup, identical ERL - same issue. Comcast says the modem boot file is correct and they rebooted it. Since I'm getting good speeds without the router, the issue appears to be with the router. Since I'm having the issue with both identical routers, it may well be the config file. But, it was the same file as before when I was getting good speeds. Yes, I've swapped cat6 cables.

I'm unsure when the issue started. For all I know, I could have had slow speeds before the ERL ps failure. I do know I had good speeds as of 03/12/21, the last good speed test I performed. I've tried Comcast's test, DSLReports, Ookla.

So, any thoughts appreciated. Attached is my config file.

-Art

Attachments

• 15. AFTER-STC-port-forwards-edgeos_ubnt_20180828-STRIPPED.tar.gz-config.boot.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 129
I dont know anything about the edgerouter but looking at the configuration I think you need that hw offload value set to on or yes l ?

HW offload in this router is enabled through the forwarding commands. The hwnat command is for other routers and ignored here. I just left it there in case I use the same config in another (different) router.

FYI: the issue was QoS enabled. That disables offloading, although it's still shown as enabled. Removing it gets me back to 800/20, or close. However, I was at 600+ previously WITH QoS. So, who knows what else is happening.

At any rate, I'll see if I can go without QoS.

FYI: the issue was QoS enabled. That disables offloading, although it's still shown as enabled. Removing it gets me back to 800/20, or close. However, I was at 600+ previously WITH QoS. So, who knows what else is happening.

At any rate, I'll see if I can go without QoS.
I used to have an ERL-3. I never really got used to the combination of GUI and CLI and the configuration logic. I found Mikrotik easier but both limited in terms of firewall options and security.

Well, I am certainly no expert in configuring the ERL3, going mostly off established config examples. The GUI can be better, as I often get lost where things are. But he CLI gets the job done easily enough.

The router has been rock solid, going years without a reboot. The power supply sucks. I'm using a beefier third party one I had around.