What's new

unable to access USB drive on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psy

New Around Here
Hi,

I bought my 1st asus router(ax88u running latest merlin firmware) a while ago and there is one thing that have not been able to do. I cannot access the router usb drive from a wired windows 10 computer. my other wireless windows devices can acces it no problem. I even have a wired android device that can acces it. The only device that can't access it is the wired windows device. I tried all the solutions I could find on the web(like activating the samba1 protocol feature in windows) but none worked. All my windows devices run the same version of windows(2004).

It must be something very easy but i can't seem to find it. anyone has an idea?

thank you

Win10 can be finiky when mapping the drive.

Try right clicking 'My PC' ->select Map Network Drive -> Folder entry put in '\\192.168.50.1' or whatever your router LAN address is --> then click browse

I find giving Windows the IP path then clicking browse gets the shared folder to be selectable nearly every time, its been good to me this way anyway

thanks for your anwsers. But yes i tried both. They work from wireless devices but not on my wired one. :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!