What's new

Unable to backup Fiberhome HG6244C

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. My ISP has provided me Fiberhome HG6244C device. I want to take a backup of settings but I am unable to do so. It allows taking backup via FTP server.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 9.48.11 PM.png

So, I setup a FTP server on my computer and entered the required details.

But I am getting "File does not exist" error:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 9.48.04 PM.png

I can confirm from the logs of the FTP server that FTP is connecting without a problem.

Looking through product's manual, I found the following information:
Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 9.48.49 PM.png

Product manual: https://wirelessshop.mx/download/Product_Manual_HG6244C.pdf

So, my question is what exactly should I enter in Filename?

I tried creating an empty file in the FTP target location but I still get the same error.

I would be asking the ISP that supplied the device.
Unfortunately, they are not willing to help. They can control the device remotely and they don't want users to have independent control of it. I want to try out various settings, that's why I need a backup.

Unfortunately, they are not willing to help. They can control the device remotely and they don't want users to have independent control of it. I want to try out various settings, that's why I need a backup.

So you have your answer, you cannot change settings because the device is locked down by the ISP.

This is why i demoted my ISP's router to a modem including switching off the firewall and wifi functionality and configured it with DMZ to my pfSense router IP that controls the entire network. The only disadvantage is that i still have double NAT but it is not really hurting performance. They are now deploying fiber in our city. As soon as that comes, out goes the ISP and its DOCSIS router.