What's new

Unable to connect to router or ftp services once i start my VPN client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Adam Popiel

Occasional Visitor
Hello guys,

I set up my DDNS,I enable WAN access, I enable FTP share, I enable AI Cloud and everything works fine until i turn on the VPN client. Once the VPN is enabled and connected, my Asus router app status says "unable to connect". When i try to go into my AI cloud app i see the device is showing as offline. When i try to ftp into my router it fails, and also when i try the https://myrouter.ddns.net it fails to connect. As soon as i turn off my VPN client, everything works fine. I know this used to work before perfectly, so my question is, has anyone experienced this recently?

If i can't get into my router once the VPN client is running, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the VPN..

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• file1.PNG
    file1.PNG
    236.8 KB · Views: 303
  • file2.PNG
    file2.PNG
    220.8 KB · Views: 301
Why are you enabling WAN access?

Are these tests done within your network or outside? Are you using your phone to test? When you're connected via LTE do you have access?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!