What's new

Unable to get ports forwarded

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sodori

New Around Here
Hello!

Had this issue with my plex, but didn't think too much of it at the time since it still worked. However, getting a QNAS, I now need some assist.
I got everything the way I see it fully working. WAN -> Virtual Server/Port Forwarding I have the ports opened up and all! And yet, if I go to a place like https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ they say my port is closed (I checked some other than just that one)!

My QNAS also have a UPnP function, and though I had it activated, QNAS did not recognise it. After updating to latest Merlin, QNAS began recognising it at least, though the ports are showing errors. Regardless of what, QNAP is still not being accesed through those ports. I have set QNAP to 192.168.1.9 booth from the router and from the device. No one is waiting for anyone to have their IP everyone already knows their IP. I also am not behind a VPN, already have those deactivated. And, the latest Merlin is installed.

Have I missed anything? Please tell me that I have xD

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-25 191015.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-25 191015.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot 2020-10-25 190945.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-25 190945.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2020-10-25 190427.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-25 190427.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot 2020-10-25 190350.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-25 190350.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot 2020-10-25 190020.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-25 190020.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 130
It is as detect automatically by my ISP and still seems to be all same
make sure youre not under CGNAT. does the wan ip address on the router start with 100 or is different than the one youre seeing on the website test?

make sure youre not under CGNAT. does the wan ip address on the router start with 100 or is different than the one youre seeing on the website test?
It starts with 100, though my website IP address is different from my WAN IP that the router is telling. Is this an issue?
WAN: 100.65.XX.XXX
Current IP: 185.236.XX.XXX

It starts with 100, though my website IP address is different from my WAN IP that the router is telling. Is this an issue?
WAN: 100.65.XX.XXX
Current IP: 185.236.XX.XXX
Yes this is the problem. Your port forwards won't work.

It's a shame you didn't say they were different when I asked you in post #3 rather than saying they were the same. :rolleyes:

Well, I took your question as to simply look it up, not to compare it, sir.
But, it's all right. I humbly apologise if that's necessary! In my home network, I got a fibre line running into for lack of better terms a modem that converts it into two LAN ports. From my understanding, I just needed to connect one of those ports into my WAN port on my ASUS router. Have I mislead how this works? This is the unit that my Asus is connected to. The blue connector in the back is the fibre coming in, LAN1 and LAN2 basically go to a wall outlet in my living room and just LAN1 is connected to something.

Attachments

• OVh9LVcw.jpg
    OVh9LVcw.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 110
What IP address does your router get if you connect it to LAN2 instead? If it's not a public IP address then it won't make any difference.

Then the port forwarding on your Asus won't work. You would need your ISP to assign you a public IP address rather than a CGNAT address. Talk to them, sometimes they can do that when asked.

OK, many thanks! This post can be closed, as I know the issue and can probably take it from here. Again, thanks a ton!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!