What's new

Unbound Validation Failure - No Signatures Found

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frasderp

New Around Here
Hey guys, first post here.

I have recently installed Diversion and Unbound on my Asus AC86U on latest Merlin firmware.

I have noticed a few sites or connections not working, and had a look at the Unbound logs. if I disable Unbound, they immediately return working (and is only a few specific sites). Here is an example error -

Code:
Validation Failure <use.fontawesome.com.cdn.cloudflare.net. AAAA IN>: no signatures from 198.41.223.31.

Any idea what is causing this, and how I can fix it? I have seen it across a few different sites and services, so was hoping I wouldn't have to manually build some sort of Whitelist. (If I do, I'm not even sure how to do that!)

I have this same issue with one website in particular.

I have no clue how to troubleshoot, just echoing your issue.

Code:
info: validation failure <api.drunkenslug.com. AAAA IN>: no signatures from 173.245.58.130

Hey guys, first post here.

I have recently installed Diversion and Unbound on my Asus AC86U on latest Merlin firmware.

I have noticed a few sites or connections not working, and had a look at the Unbound logs. if I disable Unbound, they immediately return working (and is only a few specific sites). Here is an example error -

Code:
Validation Failure <use.fontawesome.com.cdn.cloudflare.net. AAAA IN>: no signatures from 198.41.223.31.

Any idea what is causing this, and how I can fix it? I have seen it across a few different sites and services, so was hoping I wouldn't have to manually build some sort of Whitelist. (If I do, I'm not even sure how to do that!)
I fixed the issue I was having by enabling ipv6 on the host machine having issues and enabling ipv6 in unbound. The clue was I got SERVFAIL trying to test the connection using ipv6 (AAAA in) but not when testing using ipv4 (A in). It might be worth a shot.