What's new

unexpected reboots RT-AX58U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wanted to ask the following question to know your opinion, which of these two routes is better?

ASUS RT-AX86S or ASUS RT-AX82U

Why is it better?

Also what is the difference between ASUS RT-AX82U vs ASUS RT-AX82U V2

Thanks

ASUS RT-AX86S or ASUS RT-AX82U

The main difference is RT-AX86S has faster ARMv8 + AES CPU and can do 3x faster OpenVPN. It's also usually cheaper and the vertical design has smaller footprint. The Wi-Fi performance is the same as the bigger brother RT-AX86U. Good router for up to Gigabit ISP connections, no 2.5GbE port.

Also what is the difference between ASUS RT-AX82U vs ASUS RT-AX82U V2

RT-AX82U is a gaming version of RT-AX58U. The older hardware was based on tri-core BCM6750 1.5GHz CPU, but the newer is BCM6756 quad-core 1.7GHz CPU and some higher marketed models offer 2.5GbE WAN port. No information for V2* yet, but this is the difference in other similar models.

* - none of V2 versions has Asuswrt-Merlin or GNUton fork support at the moment.

The main difference is RT-AX86S has faster ARMv8 + AES CPU and can do 3x faster OpenVPN. It's also usually cheaper and the vertical design has smaller footprint. The Wi-Fi performance is the same as the bigger brother RT-AX86U. Good router for up to Gigabit ISP connections, no 2.5GbE port.

RT-AX82U is a gaming version of RT-AX58U. The older hardware was based on tri-core BCM6750 1.5GHz CPU, but the newer is BCM6756 quad-core 1.7GHz CPU and some higher marketed models offer 2.5GbE WAN port. No information for V2* yet, but this is the difference in other similar models.

* - none of V2 versions has Asuswrt-Merlin or GNUton fork support at the moment.
I understand then that right now for a price of about 160 / 180 € you recommend the ASUS RT-AX86S

I personally will never buy the alien with RGB lights on it because of the way it looks alone.

I personally will never buy the alien with RGB lights on it because of the way it looks alone.
Removing the exterior design from the band, I need a router that does not fail, I have sold the AX58U for reboots and now I am looking at one that is not very expensive around €170

I know nothing about your requirements. Many working well home routers fit in €170, I guess. If you want Asus router with Asuswrt-Merlin support see what fits in your budget. RT-AX82U model feedback is very positive here in North America. How it performs in Europe I don't know - different region with different regulations. It's supported by @GNUton, but only V1 hardware. We don't even have V2 available in stores around.