What's new

Unifi Forums

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just Mark

Occasional Visitor
Strange thing is happening to my posts in the Ubiquiti forums. When I post there, my posts immediately disappear but show up in my subscription list.

Here is the link directly from my subscriptions list:
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Cloud-Key/m-p/1601447#M17510

Just in case you can't see it, here is my question:

"I have a basic home network with 2 Unifi APs, a couple of dumb switches, and a Unifi Security Gateway. I use an always on Windows PC to run the controller software. I access this software by IP(private)/port from any Chrome browser within the network and accasionally the iOS app. No remote access is permitted to any devices.No static IPs, but a couple of reserved IPs.

I am thinking of getting a Cloud Key. The PC that I am currently using will soon have some of it's parts repurposed. However, what I have read makes me believe that the Cloud Key may require me to set an account with UBNT to gain access. Is this true or can I just attach it to one of my swithces and power it up and then gain access via IP/port? Will is automatically pull an IP from the DHCP server? Can I place it on the network with the current controller software running? (so i can see what IP it has)

What other considerations do I have to make moving to a Cloud Key in my situation?"

I'm sure that I've seen someone on these forums that was using a cloud key and you guys on here are great at helping out.

TIA
Mark

Not much different than the QNAP forums - you got moderated...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!