What's new

Update unsuccessful for AX3000 router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unlevels

New Around Here
Hi, Trying to install asuswrt-merlin but I get the update unsuccessful error. Checked everything and it looks right. It's an AX3000 router.
Current version: 3.0.0.4.386_48377
I used the RT-AX58U since the website says its the same firmware. Tried the 386.5_0, 386.4_0, 386.5_2 and none worked. Maybe I'm missing something?

Is it a V2 ?

Hi, Trying to install asuswrt-merlin but I get the update unsuccessful error. Checked everything and it looks right. It's an AX3000 router.
Current version: 3.0.0.4.386_48377
I used the RT-AX58U since the website says its the same firmware. Tried the 386.5_0, 386.4_0, 386.5_2 and none worked. Maybe I'm missing something?
RT-AX58U_386.5_2.zip – OneDrive (live.com)
And upload firmware through LAN cable.

Maybe you can try to do a factory reset first before trying to upload this one.
Make sure you unzip the downloaded file too before uploading it.
RT-AX58U_386.5_2_cferom_puresqubi.w should be the name of the file that you upload.

Is it a V2 ?

I have a V2 RT-AX3000, and unable to install.

So bad, is it not supported? just bought it from Amazon!!

Is there any chance it will ever be? Or should I return mine and get something that is supported?

Is there any chance it will ever be? Or should I return mine and get something that is supported?
Yes, and replace it with this one:
  • RT-AX68U or
  • RT-AC68U V4
If you want to spend a $100 more go for this one instead.
  • RT-AX86U or
  • RT-AC86U-PRO

Do not invest money in AC class, you want an AX class router. The Pro versions are newer.

RT-AC68U_V4 is officially no longer supported by Asus.