What's new

Updating RT-N66U to recent release fails.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andreas Gohr

New Around Here
I am currently running Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 and want to upgrade to the most recent release . However after uploading the RT-N66U_380.67_0.trx file, I only get the following error message:

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.​

I checked the checksum to make sure the download wasn't corrupted. All fine. After some googling I found this thread about a change in the verification system: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-firmware-will-change-the-verification-method.32357/

However I'm unsure what the proper way to fix the problem is. Can someone give a noob-compatible step by step explanation on how to upgrade from Asuswrt-Merlin 378 to 380? Preferably without having to factory reset.

Thanks a lot.

I am currently running Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 and want to upgrade to the most recent release . However after uploading the RT-N66U_380.67_0.trx file, I only get the following error message:

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.​

I checked the checksum to make sure the download wasn't corrupted. All fine. After some googling I found this thread about a change in the verification system: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-firmware-will-change-the-verification-method.32357/

However I'm unsure what the proper way to fix the problem is. Can someone give a noob-compatible step by step explanation on how to upgrade from Asuswrt-Merlin 378 to 380? Preferably without having to factory reset.

Thanks a lot.

I have an N66 and am contemplating an upgrade (from 376.47). Please keep us informed.

Good luck

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!