What's new

Upgrade from AC-86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I have multiple Asus outers in a mesh configuration, all running Merlin's code (which i truly adore). The AC-86u isnt being updated any longer so I'm considering upgrading to a more current unit. I have an AX-88u as my core and this one just handles a small amount of traffic in the far bedroom because WiFi from the core is spotty in there. I'm just looking for a newer model that hopefully will be supported for a good while. Any suggestions?

thanks

Even the ac68u is still being updated with new features after a decade so I don’t know how did you come to the conclusion that the ac86u doesn’t have updates anymore.

Even the ac68u is still being updated with new features after a decade so I don’t know how did you come to the conclusion that the ac86u doesn’t have updates anymore.
Well, the AC86u is on 386.x and my AX88u is on the 388.x code base. It looked like it was lagging to me.

Well, the AC86u is on 386.x and my AX88u is on the 388.x code base. It looked like it was lagging to me.
The AC86U firmware is still fully supported by both ASUS and RMerlin but your AC87U is officially on the EOL (End Of Life) list and there is also no fork available.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!