What's new

upgrading a asus RT-AC68U from merlin 380.65_4 to newest merlin.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abc5

Occasional Visitor
hi. yep this is an old tmobile router. im generally one of those if it aint broke dont fix it types.

i dont recall how i got through to flashing this baby years ago but i do recall it took me a weekend. all the standard steps didnt work so once i was up and running with merlin i dreaded working on this almost ever again.

i use this router also for work so i hate to be down, but for months when i web console into my router, the main page right top corner has been bugging me with a yellow outlined exclamation symbol telling me to upgrade my merlin.

if i click on it a popup comes up with a link to update now.

since i am on 380.65_4, is this way of updating okay?

do i have to take a photo of my settings before i proceed?

i read 20 min of posts from other peeps across diff threads and everyone speaks of flashing or just flashed etc. w/o much detail on the method.

i cant determine how they flashed, or in other wiords do i have to bother DL the firmware and tell my asus to point to the file etc...

thankyou.

1596317690065.png

Please read the sticky post.

oh snap, i didnt know what has happened to this router and asus targeting it back. well like i said i spent 20 min searching around but i wasn't in eye of looking for confirms as to the ability to update it since it's banned. wasn't aware of that. for one thing, i forgot it was called the AC1900. but thanks for Rmerlin for pointing this out regarding the Asus lock down. Glad I didn't just click the upgrade offering. Guess it would have failed if I ran it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!