What's new

Upload Folders & Files Remotely

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cyliyu

New Around Here
Hi,
I need some help.
I created a file share folder to allow my users to upload their files into the NAS remotely.
But the users won't be able to see the files that they have uploaded once they click on the upload button.

Is there a function in Synology such as smartshare in QNAP NAS that allow the users to see the explorer? Thanks.

If you are using Synology Drive users (each) need to have a client app installed. Each user would need to have account created to login and upload and share files. I would create a separate user group that has read/write access to the folder you just created. Assign all these users to this group and you should be done.

If you are using Synology Drive users (each) need to have a client app installed. Each user would need to have account created to login and upload and share files. I would create a separate user group that has read/write access to the folder you just created. Assign all these users to this group and you should be done.

The client app is not really necessary. You can set up a Synology NAS via quickconnect for external access via web browser. Each user would need its own account where you can set the permissions for which folders they can access. Works fine.

Thanks but this is not what I want. I have custom domain and my own LE cert. this is to facilitate not just Plex but other services remotely on my NAS.

For uploading what you've got works fine. It lists the files to be uploaded, shows a progress bar as they are uploaded, then displays a notice of successful upload to the user. If you want them to be able to manipulate a folder structure beneath the parent folder you assign, you need to setup a "Shared Links Request". This allows them access at the folder level wherein they can (based on the permissions you grant) view what's already in there, download and upload files, and create and delete child folders.