What's new

UPnP Intermittent Failure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How do I check which services are hogging 1900? I don't use IPTV or anything like that, just trying to use Kodi on Win10 to access Kodi server via Upnp (no NAS as of yet, else I'd be using smb shares)

If you have optware installed you can use it to install lsof. Then run:

Code:
lsof -i :1900

This used to work flawlessly, and I'm not 100% sure if I changed anything relating to UPnp at all to have caused it :/

My script is running as well but it keeps going back to 1. Ive used vi and nano to edit and remake file numerous times but it wont stick. Hopefully Merlin add a option like he mentioned early in the thread cause im stumped as to why it keeps reverting back.

Since I moved my cable from LAN 1 (other was LAN 2), to LAN 3, it all seems fine. Must be the 87U being weird with LAN 1 (due to the design)

I would be open however to adding an option on the unsupported tweaks section to disable it in the future, and making it disabled by default. That way if IPTV users report new problems, they could revert back to the previous behaviour.

forgot about us?
np ofc if your buisy atm
just reminding you

forgot about us?
np ofc if your buisy atm
just reminding you

I said I was open to the idea. I never said it would be implemented right away. In fact, it's unlikely to make it into 380.66, already too many changes in that build, I've frozen its feature set.

I said I was open to the idea. I never said it would be implemented right away. In fact, it's unlikely to make it into 380.66, already too many changes in that build, I've frozen its feature set.

np wasnt trying to nag i have it working well atm with the script
but in the long run ofc a tickbox is far nicer

thanks merlin

bridge.png

Last edited:
thanks merlin

After discussing it with another developer, we've come to the conclusion that the fact that Asus/Broadcom even enables multicast_snooping on bridges is a bad idea, as it will conflict with various things, like Broadcom's own emf. I decided for now to still add an option to allow re-enabling it, but chances are that in the future, it will always remain disabled if no strange issue gets reported once 380.66 gets released with that new default value.