What's new

upnp opening and closing ports Asus RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gotikha

New Around Here
Hello everyone.

I use the upnp option for my ip camera (D-link) so that the router (Asus RT-AC87U) automatically opens the necessary ports for external access.

When the camera turns on, the ports are open.

The problem is that after a while, the router closes the ports and I no longer know how to access from the outside to the camera.

I have this message in the system history: miniupnpd [28090]: removed 22 unused rules

I do not understand why these ports are closed, while the camera is still plugged in?

Do you have the same case?

FW version?

How about the previous FW? It worked?

Note: You don't need to quote when it's the previous message. :)

Your camera is apparently failing at refreshing its port forwards when they expire, meaning a broken implementation on their end. Kinda par for the course for a D-Link product...

Only workarounds would be to either configure static port forwards, or disabling automatic port cleanup in miniupnpd (not recommended).

Having probably similar problem with my ASUSTOR NAS. I have to go to its settings and reset EZ-router UPnP ports in order to let 87U pas through NAS related services.
Subjective feeling is that time when after reseting EZ-Router router loses port mappings is quite random. Can be several minutes or half of a day..
Unfortunately this behavior was introduced several versions back. Not sure exactly which one but some last 5 at least (probably when moved to miniupnpd 2.0?)
Was automatic port cleanup enabled in miniupnpd prior v 2.0 ?