What's new

USB-AX56 WiFi Adapter - How to Use Both Bands Simultaneously?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Volt

Regular Contributor
Recently I bought the USB-AX56 WiFi Dual Band AX1800 adapter and very happy with it. What I don't quite understand is that looks like ASUS states that this adapter can simultaneously work in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands when connected using WiFi 6 (so you can get 1200 Mbps + 574Mbps in total). Is it true that WiFi 6 can use both bands at the same time? And does anyone have experience with this configuration? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the answer! It also seemed suspicious to me that they indicate the total performance for the adapter, despite the fact that the adapter can only operate either at 2.4 or 5. Strange marketing decision!

Recently I bought the USB-AX56 WiFi Dual Band AX1800 adapter and very happy with it. What I don't quite understand is that looks like ASUS states that this adapter can simultaneously work in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands when connected using WiFi 6 (so you can get 1200 Mbps + 574Mbps in total). Is it true that WiFi 6 can use both bands at the same time? And does anyone have experience with this configuration? Thanks in advance!
I have been looking at the adaptor. Initially considered NetGear but read on AMZN that is doesnt have 160MHz Channel Support, which my ASUS XT9 mesh does. Does the AX56 suppport 160Mhz?

For background:
160MHz Channel Support:
60MHz is the highest bandwidth available on 5GHz routers. With double the throughput compared to 80MHz channels, it can achieve data rates up to 2.4Gbps on capable clients. However, it is important to know that not all client devices support 160MHz wide channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!